All new acct registrations in the queue as of 10/14 at 10:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Outa Here

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Re: Outa Here

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:36 pm

Plate Cap wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:42 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:46 pm
Today's bumper sticker.

Hate Won't Make Us Great.
Interesting.

The left has constructed a scenario wherein common-sense review of violators of laws is referred to as "hate". If Mexicans (golly, can I say that word???) come over the border illegally, and we enforce the immigration laws, we "hate" Mexicans.

The left sees votes in these folks, and are willing to throw away the baby with the bathwater to cater to those potential votes.

We should take a cue from Canada as regards some of their immigration policies. Unless you do it legally, whatever those legal terms happen to be, they don't let you in, and if you get in and they catch you, they throw your ass out.
Strange how you interpreted it that way. I didn't see a word about immigration on the bumper sticker.

What I saw was a repudiation of hatred. Hate isn't a left right issue. We're all guilty and it doesn't make us great.

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:26 pm

"Hate" is regularly attributed to Trump and anyone remotely agreeing with him by the left and the leftist media in response to anything relative to enforcement against lawbreaking that may be possibly prevalent by certain ethnicity. It is further personalized toward Trump by the 'make us great' line, a campaign slogan.

Examples: https://americasvoice.org/trumphatemap/

and

http://billmoyers.com/story/donald-trum ... tion-hate/

Just a tool by the left to overplay a point. Trump could choose a chocolate ice cream cone over a strawberry one; CNN would likely then lead with breaking news that he hates strawberries, their farmers, the industry, and has a hidden agenda in force act to bring the power of his office to bear on this hate.

As you correctly say, "hate" is not a left/right issue, but the left has chosen to make it one, as it elicits a deep-seated, emotional response intended to polarize. This is virtually without doubt what the producer of that bumper sticker had in mind.

I tread lightly; I don't know if you are just innocently naive', or.................................. :?

The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:40 pm

Anyone here read Spanish?

What does this mean?

-
-
-
-

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:57 pm

Fumar is smoking. Costado has to do with cost or price.

~If the left didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all."~

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:19 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:40 pm
Anyone here read Spanish?

What does this mean?

-
-
-
-
How has smoking cost you?... I think...

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:01 am

"How much has it cost you to smoke"

They are appealing to the affectation urban youth have for scooters, and implying they could have had one with the money spent on smoking.

Not a bad campaign, actually.....but it sure is a lousy physical application of the sign on the billboard.

The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

NS8401

Post by NS8401 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:37 am

Plate Cap wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:01 am
"How much has it cost you to smoke"

They are appealing to the affectation urban youth have for scooters, and implying they could have had one with the money spent on smoking.

Not a bad campaign, actually.....but it sure is a lousy physical application of the sign on the billboard.
Wow I was actually close... High School Spanish class pays off I guess...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:07 pm

I suppose the implication is that if one quit smoking they could buy a motor bike with the money they'd save.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:48 am

Leaving Monday morning; from the carefree world of palm trees and parrots, mockingbirds and mangroves. Back to the everyday world of responsibilities. Income tax, medical appointments and home maintenance.

Should be back in the cold by Wednesday afternoon.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:27 pm

Greetings from Dayton OH. Started the day just a few miles north of Atlanta and drove through pouring rain all day. Looks like more of the same for tomorrow.

I can't wait to get back to Florida.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:23 am

Back home in the cold. I hate it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic