Hello! Welcome to the new (and hopefully improved) version of the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. I am hoping to roll out multiple new features in the weeks ahead, which is made possible by the recent upgrade to phpBB version 3.2. This upgrade should result in added ability to customize your user experience. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent changes.

Thank you very much for your interest in the Buzzboard! -Regards, M.W.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

LMFAO at Kmart!!!!

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Calvert DeForest

Re: LMFAO at Kmart!!!!

Post by Calvert DeForest » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:10 pm

ftballfan wrote:Side note: Went to the Kmart on 68th and 131 during their going out of business sale. It was dirty and unkempt with a good chunk of the store being empty. There were security guards stationed at the entrance, probably to keep people from stealing stuff.
When a store goes out of business, the inventory is usually sold to a liquidation company for pennies on the dollar, and they take it from there. At that point, Kmart (or insert retailer name here) is out of the picture. The liquidator hires any remaining employees they need to complete the liquidation and puts them on their payroll. Any security services are also contracted by the liquidator. It's a whole different atmosphere. The liquidator is only concerned with moving product out the door and scoring as much profit as they can before they close up shop. The presentation of the store is really of no concern to them. The only thing "Kmart" about the store during liquidation is the sign on the front.
I'm not a partisan - I'm just here for the free doughnuts!

Milk

Post by Milk » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:01 pm

Let's not forget the closeout stores like Big Lots that a lot of unsold inventory is sold at for dirt cheap.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:56 am

And now for something we hope you'll really like:

jry

Post by jry » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:35 pm

I'll never forget the time we had to sue K Mart for disturbing our business. All of their attorneys show up in really nice suits. One of the things they said is that K Mart is the only store you need. I commented that i didn't know K Mart sold Brooks Brothers suits.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:27 am

jry wrote:I'll never forget the time we had to sue K Mart for disturbing our business. All of their attorneys show up in really nice suits. One of the things they said is that K Mart is the only store you need. I commented that i didn't know K Mart sold Brooks Brothers suits.
They really said that? Wow! Talk about brass cajones!

jry

Post by jry » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:19 pm

[quote="Calvert DeForest"][quote="jry"]I'll never forget the time we had to sue K Mart for disturbing our business. All of their attorneys show up in really nice suits. One of the things they said is that K Mart is the only store you need. I commented that i didn't know K Mart sold Brooks Brothers suits.[/quote]

They really said that? Wow! Talk about brass cajones![/quote]

They sure did. This was in 93 or 94. BTW, they quickly settled out of court, even before mediation.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic