Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The WLLZ Fix List.

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: The WLLZ Fix List.

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:16 am

Yup. 106.7 Fake Wheels is playing music as I'm typing this. From eight hours a week down to a measly two for D&M. Wow.

Pretty obvious WLLZ was only "using" the Drew & Mike brand to generate some buzz around the station. To air several hours of talk radio on Saturday & Sunday morning runs contradictory to the station's music intensive identity.

Now, we get to hear a voicetracked Bill McAllister on Saturday morning. Yippee.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:38 am

Not a single post to be found on 106.7's Facebook page regarding the absence of the Drew & Mike show.

Think the station is scrubbing those posts from its page?

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:32 pm

I never listened to Drew & Mike on 106.7. Was it brokered, free, or did they guys actually get paid to air their program?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:11 am

I need to correct an earlier statement: I believe the D&M show airs on *both* Saturday & Sunday mornings from 7a - 9a, not just Sundays.

bobhuge

Post by bobhuge » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:22 am

I hate to blow our own horn, but if you want to hear what WLLZ should sound like, stream WIDL www.classicrocki92.com from 6a-midnight M-F (we change the corporately ordered playlist). We program from the late 60s through 99, similar to an AOR format. We go back 20 Years and continue to move as the date does. We play some of the safe stuff, but play a ton of deep stuff. Try it, you might like it. We have an Android app, search WIDL.

Been trying to tell you all this for a while, now...

windsor

Post by windsor » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:05 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:16 am
Yup. 106.7 Fake Wheels is playing music as I'm typing this. From eight hours a week down to a measly two for D&M. Wow.

Pretty obvious WLLZ was only "using" the Drew & Mike brand to generate some buzz around the station. To air several hours of talk radio on Saturday & Sunday morning runs contradictory to the station's music intensive identity.

Now, we get to hear a voicetracked Bill McAllister on Saturday morning. Yippee.
IF they were using the D&M show brand to generate buzz, it did work for the short term as they peaked at a 4.8.If here's no way in hell that Drew will do morn Live or the podcast just isnt a ft for morn. drive, maybe just end it.

Team Trudi with Bill in the morn an do short bits of talk and still keep it mostly music intnsive.Stick Rafferty in Trudi's shift.

Stick to the guitar rock bands of classic rock that really rocks and get off just the one or two hits ad nauseum and throw in a secondary tune here and there to stop the stale playlist of past 106.7 rock formats.

just my 2 cents...............

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:26 pm

The Drew and Mike (Mark) show was pretty much the only reason I'd ever purposely hit 106.7 on the weekends. Further proof that the imbeciles running that station don't know what they're doing.

bobhuge

Post by bobhuge » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:02 am

WIDL's playlist this morning - 6a-9a

6A
Another Rainy Night Queensryche
Blew Nirvana
Clock Strikes Ten Cheap Trick
Blue Sky Allman Brothers Band
Never Surrender Triumph
If I Were A Carpenter Bob Seger
Four In The Morning Night Ranger
Im The One Van Halen
You Are What You Is Frank Zappa
Black Water Doobie Brothers
Ballad Of Curtis Loew Lynyrd Skynyrd
7A
God Gave Rock & Roll to You Kiss
Courdoroy Pearl Jam
Rock On David Essex
Killing in the Name Rage Against The Machine
Higher Ground Red Hot Chili Peppers
Follow You Follow Me Genesis
No Smoke Without a Fire Bad Company
Rock The Nation Montrose
Cats in the Cradle Ugly Kid Joe
Bringin' On The Heartbreak Def Leppard
8A
Everything Zen Bush
The WASP (Texas Radio and t The Doors
Get a Haircut George Thorogood
The Wanton Song Led Zeppelin
Three Little Pigs Green Jelly
Celebrity Skin Hole
The Hunter Dokken
Space Cowboy Steve Miller

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:30 pm

I've been hearing "newer" material of late. Just today, I heard "Dracula" by Rob Zombie and "Down With the Sickness" by Disturbed. Not exactly stuff that makes me crank up the volume and rip the knob off, but still, surprising to hear stuff like that.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:33 pm

bobhuge wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:02 am
WIDL's playlist this morning - 6a-9a

6A
Another Rainy Night Queensryche
Blew Nirvana
Clock Strikes Ten Cheap Trick
Blue Sky Allman Brothers Band
Never Surrender Triumph
If I Were A Carpenter Bob Seger
Four In The Morning Night Ranger
Im The One Van Halen
You Are What You Is Frank Zappa
Black Water Doobie Brothers
Ballad Of Curtis Loew Lynyrd Skynyrd
7A
God Gave Rock & Roll to You Kiss
Courdoroy Pearl Jam
Rock On David Essex
Killing in the Name Rage Against The Machine
Higher Ground Red Hot Chili Peppers
Follow You Follow Me Genesis
No Smoke Without a Fire Bad Company
Rock The Nation Montrose
Cats in the Cradle Ugly Kid Joe
Bringin' On The Heartbreak Def Leppard
8A
Everything Zen Bush
The WASP (Texas Radio and t The Doors
Get a Haircut George Thorogood
The Wanton Song Led Zeppelin
Celebrity Skin Hole
The Hunter Dokken
Space Cowboy Steve Miller
Dude...did you steal my record collection??? BLEW??? The Wanton Song!?!? That's what I'm talking about! The Brian Howe era BC tune is a favorite, and ANYONE spinning a deep Montrose cut is a friend of mine.

Unfortunately, I can't really stream anything since I have Google Maps on all day for work. I'm telling you, get a repeater in the Brighton area and I'm all ears!

-TurkeyTop

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:04 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:30 pm
I've been hearing "newer" material of late. Just today, I heard "Dracula" by Rob Zombie and "Down With the Sickness" by Disturbed. Not exactly stuff that makes me crank up the volume and rip the knob off, but still, surprising to hear stuff like that.
Yeah, its almost as if there is an internal struggle gong on. Every once and awhile you can hear the stuff they should be playing but then its like somebody flipped the switch and said "Nope! We cant have any of that!" and promptly plays Back in Black for the one billionth time on Detroit radio.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:02 pm

JLesinski wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:04 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:30 pm
Yeah, its almost as if there is an internal struggle gong on. Every once and awhile you can hear the stuff they should be playing but then its like somebody flipped the switch and said "Nope! We cant have any of that!" and promptly plays Back in Black for the one billionth time on Detroit radio.
If I'm being honest, shit like Disturbed and the ilk of "3 finger God Punch" bands make me hit the dial that much faster. I just found it interesting that the ALBUM version of DWTS was on Wheels during morning drive.

-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:12 pm

I'm sorry, but WLLZ has got to get rid of the Bryan Adams, Journey, Boston and Queen shit in order to compel me to listen to that station with any sort of regularity.

That said, the new artist adds are a step in the right direction. If you're gonna proclaims yourselves as the "Next Generation of Classic Rock," you damn well better be playing a wide selection of 90's and early 2K's rock! I am unsure if such a music position meshes well with the WLLZ / Wheels brand, though.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:30 pm

Now THAT is awesome, Bob. :)

I actually watched that music video on YouTube a few weeks ago.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:03 pm

Sometimes I wonder what WLLZ would have been playing had they stayed on the air over the years. "I have a small dick and my whore girlfriend hates me" stuff like Three Days Grace and Hinder, or "I wish that whore would be MY girlfriend" stuff like Fall Out Boy. Considering they went full alternative in '95, and that sound sputtered out by the late 90s...

-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic