Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The End of My Online Shopping Years

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

The End of My Online Shopping Years

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:53 pm

Well, actually, they never really got started. My wife sent me to Home Depot to get a product she needed for her painting project. The lady at the store said they don't sell it any more. She checked with their other three stores in town and they no longer sell it either.

"But" she said "Our Web Site has it. You can order it online and it will be shipped here to the store."

She gave me the web address and I went home to try my hand at online shopping. I found the product and added it to my cart. It told me I could pick it up at the store in Brantford. That's a town about an hour away from here. I called the woman at our store and she said I must be doing something wrong. She told me to come back to the store and she would help me place my order.

When she entered the order she got the same response. "Pick up at Brantford." A light must have went on in he head because she now had the answer. "The Brantford store sells that product. They will only ship to stores that sell the product."

Why would I order something online to pick up at a store when I can just go into the store and buy it? Especially when the store is 50 miles away. I went home and picked up my wife and drove her to Brantford. After driving all over town to find the store, we went in and bought it off the shelf.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Graham Wellington

Re: The End of My Online Shopping Years

Post by Graham Wellington » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:30 am

I don't know, maybe to make sure it is there waiting for you when you get there, rather than drive 50 miles only to discover the last one just went out the door?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:20 pm

I don't think that is right. You must set your default store first.

I called Home Depot and they ordered it using my card on their website and had shipped to store. It was free shipping if it was shipped to store.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:47 pm

I have also called them.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:25 pm

I didn't call. I went right to the store and asked the woman to place my online order for me. She got the same response as I got. "Pick up at Brantford. " Then she said "They only ship to stores that sell the product."

That's insane. Why order online, then go to the store the next day to pick up the item? Why not just go to the store and buy it? That seems more convenient for me.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:22 am

Kinda defeats the purpose of the whole "ship-to-store" option.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:17 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:25 pm
I didn't call. I went right to the store and asked the woman to place my online order for me. She got the same response as I got. "Pick up at Brantford. " Then she said "They only ship to stores that sell the product."

That's insane. Why order online, then go to the store the next day to pick up the item? Why not just go to the store and buy it? That seems more convenient for me.
Battle of the Luddites?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic