Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Forgiveness

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 12047

Forgiveness

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:12 am

There was a great scene in the TV show Mad Men, where a WW2 vet went off on the "Japs". We were so angry (and scared) we put every Japanese person on our soil in some sort of isolation, even those who were born here. Not every single Japanese person in the world was responsible for Pearl Harbor, and eventually we forgave them. How long did that take?

I'm not going to rank 9/11 vs. Pearl Harbor, both were horrific attacks on our country and citizens. But not every single Muslim is responsible for 9/11 or should accept responsibility - and at some point we need forgiveness. How long will that take?

Deleted User 14992

Re: Forgiveness

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:24 am

Very well written Radio Sucks, And you’re correct in what you say, Also I’m a fan of the TV Series Mad Men great television.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:34 am

Thanks, Chuck. I realize that I am pretty much wasting my time, but it does make me feel better.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon May 06, 2019 9:33 am

How long will that take?

Probably a long time. Humans are naturally drawn to “guilt by association” flawed reasoning. And even more so when scared.

We also are reluctant to ever examine the logs in our own eyes while pointing to the splinter in a neighbor’s eye. As Jesus lovingly warns all who listen to Him.

These tendencies are all too human. Unfortunate. But true.
Education is one great hope. Moving away from ignorance and unmasking flawed reasoning - born of fear.

We hurt - and are angry. These discussions help us focus on the perps - and not accuse all Americans of Japanese heritage, or all of the population in Japan for Pearl Harbor. Same with the perps responsible for 9/11. Do not assume all American Muslims or all the Muslim peoples of the world are responsible.

Good topic, Radio Sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon May 06, 2019 1:17 pm

Forgiveness night come sooner if folkss in the Muslim comunity didn't side with terrorists.

Here is the latest tweet from Rashida Tlaib:
When will the world stop dehumanizing our Palestinian people who just want to be free? Headlines like this & framing it in this way just feeds into the continued lack of responsibility on Israel who unjustly oppress & target Palestinian children and families. #FreePalestine
Notice how a elected U.S. Congresswoman refers to "Our Palestinan People". I always thought Congess represented the American people.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon May 06, 2019 1:22 pm

Radio Sucks wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:12 am
There was a great scene in the TV show Mad Men, where a WW2 vet went off on the "Japs". We were so angry (and scared) we put every Japanese person on our soil in some sort of isolation, even those who were born here. Not every single Japanese person in the world was responsible for Pearl Harbor, and eventually we forgave them. How long did that take?

I'm not going to rank 9/11 vs. Pearl Harbor, both were horrific attacks on our country and citizens. But not every single Muslim is responsible for 9/11 or should accept responsibility - and at some point we need forgiveness. How long will that take?
I don't think you intended it that way, but your posting seems to suggest that people of the Muslim faith are guilty of something and in need of forgiveness. Of course, this is untrue.

The real issue is, do we forgive the assholes who perpetrated the attack and who are now in Heaven, each with their own seventy-two virgins? I suspect that, by now, most of the gals are no longer virgins and are getting a little old and skanky.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 12047

Post by Deleted User 12047 » Tue May 07, 2019 3:23 pm

Forgiveness has no effect on the forgiven. However it can have a lasting and positive effect on the forgiver.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... orgiveness

Forgiveness has nothing to do with guilt. And perhaps that is the wrong word.

The right word might be misplaced accountability. Timothy McVeigh was a Catholic. But no one continues to blame all Catholics for his actions. The perps of 9/11 were Muslim. Why do we blame all Muslims?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri May 10, 2019 10:17 pm

A moral issue with respect to forgiveness. Should we forgive someone who doesn't want our forgiveness?

A relative committed a great wrong many years ago. I have never forgiven him and I don't know if I could. But, since he's never asked me to, I don't lose any sleep thinking about it. Instead, I go through life taking pleasure in his every misfortune.

He doesn't want forgiveness. I believe he's proud of what he did and would do it again.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic