Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Manufactured hate - Jessie Smollett

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Turkeytop

Re: Manufactured hate - Jessie Smollett

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:11 pm

Bryce. You haven't responded to the Name The Beer posting. Have I finally stumped you?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:04 pm

Haven't looked at it TT. Will check it out.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:34 am

There are enough REAL hate crimes with Smollett's fabricating one .

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:35 am

"Without Smollett's fabricating one!!!!!!"

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:57 am

16 counts is, in part, to get a conviction.
If you charge him with one or two things you run a bigger chance of a hung jury.
Its a lot harder for a jury to hang or acquit 16 times.

I once served on a two bit criminal jury over a domestic dispute (boy friend, girl friend, maybe ex's)
Essentially there was pushing and shoving and maybe some pouring of a small amount of gas on a carpet and maybe a threat to light a match. There were 7 charges we had to decide. We acquitted on 6 and found guilty on one.

I no longer directly engage trolls

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:29 pm

TC Shuts Up wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:06 pm
Don't hold your breath. No Chicago Jury would convict him. There'd always be a "jury hanger". Expect this to be dismissed because there is "insufficient evidence". Making a big deal trying to prosecute this case would be like grabbing the third rail on the L. It's a no win situation.

And don't expect the Left to start singing. To them, "The End Always Justifies The Means".
I usually don't say "I told you so".

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:40 pm

The fact the Cook County, IL prosecutor decided to drop all charges is nothing short of despicable.

While I definitely share your concern that a conviction would be far from a slam dunk, that certainly doesn't mean the prosecutor should abandon the effort to try the case in court.

The fact Smollett is emerging from all this without any criminal charges of any kind sickens me. I cannot help but question if something underhanded occurred between Smollett's representatives and the prosecutors' office. The whole country knows Cook County, IL government is about as corrupt as it gets!

You did indeed predict an outcome similar to this one, TC Shuts Up. I tip my cap to you.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:27 pm

Both the actor and the president are mentally ill. And because their bizarre behaviors are symptoms - they will continue to astound with “off” words, thoughts and behaviors. So look for Jussie to do something like this again. As Trump does. Meanwhile - all around them who are not mentally ill but must interact with them will remain blind as to what’s really going on with these two men. Which is confounding for the folks who are mentally healthy and watching these classic symptoms play out.

Jussie helped destroy the cred of true hate crime victims. And he quickly insulted an entire city. He’s also destroyed his career and his reputation.

Donald helped destroy respect for the office of the US presidency, American exceptional values, the reputation of The United States of America as a leader, the trust America has earned, and many other traditional characteristics of our nation.
Last edited by screen glare on Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:29 pm

The National District Attorneys Association is outraged on at least 4 levels....
“First, when a chief prosecutor recuses him or herself, the recusal must apply to the entire office, not just the elected or appointed prosecutor,” the National District Attorneys Association said in a statement. “This is consistent with best practices for prosecutors’ offices around the country.”
-------
“Second, prosecutors should not take advice from politically connected friends of the accused. Each case should be approached with the goal of justice for victims while protecting the rights of the defendant.”
----------------
“Third, when a prosecutor seeks to resolve a case through diversion or some other alternative to prosecution, it should be done so with an acknowledgement of culpability on the part of the defendant,”
-------------------
“Fourth, expunging Mr. Smollett’s record at this immediate stage is counter to transparency. Law enforcement will now not be able to acknowledge that Mr. Smollett was indicted and charged with these horrible crimes and the full record of what occurred will be forever hidden from public view.
https://pagesix.com/2019/03/28/prosecut ... lett-case/

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:32 pm

I think #3 bothers me the most. I get plea deals happen but when they do the defendant shouldn't be allowed to profess innocence in a public way.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic