Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Opioid recommendation (for legit medical use)

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
stopnswop2

Opioid recommendation (for legit medical use)

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:22 am

I dont have much experience with many opioid pain meds, and I'm hoping anyone has any recommendations of one that has worked well for them, as my pharmaceutical knowledge cant give me first hand experience from actual people I know.
I study medicine, so my docs let me do my own thing when it comes to scripts, and I need something to suggest to my anesthesiologist when I see him next because the Percocet is not helping me AT ALL, and I'm in so much misery from being in pain 24/7.

And pleaseeee, do not say anything illegal like Heroin....lol.
I'm in need of a legal prescription.
My med refill appt. Is on Jan. 28, so there is time for me to gather stories from you guys.

I've tried:
-Tramadol (useless)
-Codeine (weak and gives me severe abdominal pain)
-Hydrocodone (tolerant, wears off too soon)
-Oxycodone (tolerant, wears off too soon)
-Morphine (makes me extremely sick)

I'm currently on Percocet 10-325, four times a day.
(Oxycodone 10 mg / Acetaminophen 325 mg)

Thanks much guys!

Music is my life.

Turkeytop

Re: Opioid recommendation (for legit medical use)

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:25 am

Canadian Club works for me.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:29 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:25 am
Canadian Club works for me.
Oh no no, lol.
I'm not touching alcohol ever again.
I was a very very hardcore alcoholic / drug addict in the past and I'm finally clean and will not even think about it.
Not even a sip of beer or a hit off a joint for me again.

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:37 am

But I have very horrible issues with my entire spine (cervical, thoracic, lumbar), which causes issues in various other parts of my body due to pinching of nerves.

My Chiropractor said if he didn't know me that based on my MRI images he would assume it was the spine of a 90 year old.

My neurologist said the images look like someone that was repeatedly hit by a bus...

I'm only 27 and can barely get around the house anymore.
I had to quit all 3 of my jobs and leave school.
This is absolute misery.
And don't even get me started on the other health problems I have that a 27 year old should not have. 😢

Music is my life.

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:48 am

I just heard somewhere where the combination two OTCs (I would assume at least one is an NSAID) was shown to be as effective an analgesic as Heroin. That was all I found out. Nothing further. From my experience, once you get to 600-800 mg of Ibuprofen, you start getting into heavy pain management range. But everyone is different, and every type of pain is different. I used to be judgmental about pain management, but after I dealt with chronic severe pain for several months, I had to change my mind. They also put me on an highly touted MJ derivative for appetite, which was useless. It gave me munchies for salty snacks, but nothing more substantial. I even had people offer to come over and supply me with some "herbals", and push hydroponics for growing, but fortunately, the situation improved with some unexpected homeopathic remedies. Beat the heck out of taking antifreeze for one problem. Mine started with some minor falls, and a steroid taper. What started your problems? I've heard that a lot of High School athletes have a lot of neuroskeletal problems from repeated injuries. Even runners.

Another thought. Have you tried Turmeric? Glucosamine Chondroitin Sulfate? Move Free Ultra? That seems to be helping with Osteoarthritis.

Also try Aspirin, if you can tolerate it. 2 325 mg qd. Oldie but a goodie. Worth a try if you haven't.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:16 am

Pot 24/7, it seems to do the trick, along with some Ozzy, Hendrix, Iron Butterfly and of course my fav Zeppelin try it and let me know how it’s working for you. Have a Super Duper Day 😃 .

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:34 am

There really are some bad side effects, short term and long term, for your THC 24/7 Tx, Oldies84. That's not a "bias", it's well documented. Go to any legitimate approved CME grade Pain Management seminar, and you'll probably find out why.

Apparently, it's 200 mg Ibuprofen and 325 mg Acetaminophen combined that is the latest study.

Here's one article on Pain Management.

https://www.smartrecovery.org/7-safe-al ... -recovery/

And I can't resist a Pain Management link with a James Brown (Now The Most Underrated Deceased Man in Show Business) reference in the title.

https://drugabuse.com/opiate-alternativ ... d-new-bag/

Deleted User 14888

Post by Deleted User 14888 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:51 am

I’m joking CK 722, but your concern is genuine, and I do appreciate it, Have A Good Day Brother.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:15 am

If you have a past issue abusing drugs then you need to steer clear of opioids. You would be an easy relapse. I would suggest talking to a professional over a bunch of strangers on a message board. Granted that is the logical thing to do, trust medical professionals, but hey you want to put your future drug addiction possibilities in the hands of strangers, go for it.

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:47 pm

zzand wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:15 am
If you have a past issue abusing drugs then you need to steer clear of opioids. You would be an easy relapse. I would suggest talking to a professional over a bunch of strangers on a message board. Granted that is the logical thing to do, trust medical professionals, but hey you want to put your future drug addiction possibilities in the hands of strangers, go for it.
If you read between the lines, stop and swap is some type of health care professional student, on leave for severe chronic pain. The professors and clinical academics who supervised him are basically writing his prescriptions, if he can't do it himself yet, or perhaps in a residency. Many doctors punt cases they can't solve. Otherwise, he should go to a tertiary clinic. If he doesn't, they'll just try to say he just needs psychiatric help, and put him on SSRIs, and other antidepressants and such, treating it as a psych problem, not a physical medical problem. He can correct me where my assumptions are wrong, but I suspect this assessment is pretty close.

I would agree that the average person in his situation should seek medical help, zzand, but they will be lucky if they are not labelled "Bellevue", just because the doctors can't solve the problem, or are covering up or covering their behinds.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:08 pm

Sorry but he should not be asking the residents of this board this question. I highly doubt anyone here is qualified to properly answer.

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:49 pm

zzand wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:08 pm
Sorry but he should not be asking the residents of this board this question. I highly doubt anyone here is qualified to properly answer.
What part of:
He should go to a tertiary clinic.
didn't you understand, zzand?

He knows what a tertiary clinic is, and if he didn't, he could look it up.

He got the best advice no money can buy.
I agree he shouldn't be asking you. Unless you think he is just looking for more opioids.

Or do you think that this is a phony story, zzand? It could be, and that would mitigate your callous responses. How to recognize phony stories to obtain opioids should be a part of Pain Management CME. Good suggestion, if that's what you're getting at. Pete here may have been trained to do that. Maybe he could check in on that.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:45 pm

Apparently I shouldn't have asked here, because none of you can read.

You are trying to give me funny medical lectures, when I obviously already know every damn thing, ffs lol.

I asked for one simple thing.

And don't try and twist my words around and claim I'm just "trying to get opioids".
I go to a pain clinic and see a pain management doctor.

Music is my life.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:25 pm

Wouldn't think you are but with your past history this is the last place you need to be looking for advice from. A pain clinic near me just had its doors closed for being nothing more than a pill machine so I hope yours is better. I also hope you get the help you need to get the pain under control. I also have a condition that causes pain on a daily basis and found the no opioids helped at all. Finally found a doctor that gave a correct diagnosis and the meds he gave me finally have things under control. I wish you the best and hope you get this solved for your own peace of mind soon.

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:46 pm

I was trying to be helpful until zzand started posting. He has done this before. I thought that was what zzand was thinking, trying to justify why he was saying what he was saying so callously. Even though I AM trained in Pharmacology, and actually have a License to Prescribe some Pharmaceuticals (I choose NOT to have a Controlled Substance certification, because of LIABILITY AND POTENTIAL CRIMINAL CHARGES from misuse of Rx pads by others, even though I could pay a few hundred bucks and get one.), I WILL STOP POSTING AND TRYING TO HELP ON THIS ISSUE. I HAVE GOTTEN NOTHING BUT NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. I am not bragging. I just thought I did know about what you are asking. I tried NOT to reveal that training. Thats all. I won't post on anything like this anymore. It's just a UXB waiting to go off. But if you really want to bring out the whack jobs, start talking here about mid to long term Marijuana use, COPD, lung cancer, etc. and Psychological and Psychometric "side effects". Now zzand is playing good cop bad cop.
Last edited by CK-722 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic