Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

White? or Green?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

White? or Green?

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:14 pm

What colour will Christmas be this year where you live?

London ON looking very green. We got about an inch of snow earlier this month but it's long gone. Nothing in the forecast until at least New Years.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 14803

Re: White? or Green?

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:26 pm

Green in The “D” In more ways then one, Just sold property up North, and saved 15% on my house and car insurance.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:16 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:14 pm

London ON looking very green. We got about an inch of snow earlier this month but it's long gone. Nothing in the forecast until at least New Years.
Didn't you get the memo? Can't wish for a white Christmas anymore. Some PC imbecile like LL will think it's racist.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:21 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:16 pm
Turkeytop wrote:

Didn't you get the memo? Can't wish for a white Christmas anymore. Some PC imbecile like LL will think it's racist.
And don't forget global warming.

tigerwings

Post by tigerwings » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:24 pm

Very green in the Sacramento Foothills.

A 45 minute drive to Donner Summit, very white there.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:08 pm

I would love a GREEN Christmas. Snowfall on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day is terrible for travelers.

Some weather models are showing a minor storm system could move across lower Michigan Christmas Day. Temps shouldn't be too bad, though. 30's for daytime highs.

At my house so far, I've only had to shovel once this season - and that was only about an inch of slushy snow. Probably six to eight inches have fallen total, but that was spread across a half dozen or more different snow events. In most of those cases, the ground was completely green by the following afternoon.

It's likely much of Metro Detroit won't be waking up to a snow-covered ground Christmas morning, but it's certainly possible there'll be a messy one to two inches of accumulation before the day is through.

Southern Michigan had absolutely terrible weather last Christmas, made worse by inaccurate weather forecasts. Some major roads in the G.R. area were nearly impassable. I-96 between G.R. and Milford was a nightmare. Turned out to be my heaviest snowfall of the entire winter.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:52 pm

No thanks... heading north and coming back down Christmas Eve/Day... Empty and largely dry roads for the bus please and thanks...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:13 am

Bryce wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:16 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
You racist imbecile.

White today and snowing like nuts through Thursday.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:26 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:13 am
White today and snowing like nuts through Thursday.
Well, KEEP it up there! :evil: ( :razz )

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:59 am

London, ON. Green and sunny. White or green Christmas doesn't make much difference to me, but I like Christmas to be a grey day. A sunny day just doesn't feel like Christmas.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:19 am

Christmas Morning on the woods side.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:54 pm

A few flurries this morning, but green with temps in the 40s

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:40 pm

Started with a couple inches of Snow in the U.P., now in Clare and only patches of snow to be found in an otherwise 90% green place...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:44 pm

Relatives informed me G.R. has a light coating of snow on the ground.

Green as can be with peaks of sun here in the 14 Mile Rd & Woodward Ave area. A very tranquil day so far. :)
MAJOR improvement from one year ago!

I haven't had any snow on the ground at my place for at least two weeks running.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:52 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:44 pm
Green as can be with peaks of sun here in the 14 Mile Rd & Woodward Ave area. A very tranquil day so far. :)
Growing up at Long Lake and Woodward, we had at least a foot by Christmas every year.

NS, did you roll through Traverse City about 11:30?

― Noam Chomsky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic