Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

EMF the IHeart of Christian Radio

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 14803

EMF the IHeart of Christian Radio

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:36 pm

I’m not against Christian Radio sometimes I do listen, but it just seems strange to me that the last 5 or so years it really has taken off in alot of markets nothing wrong with that we always Had Christian stations in Detroit,now all of a sudden we have a nonprofit group namely EMF that has bought up heritage FM stations all over the USA sometimes more than 1 in some markets again nothing wrong with this but the big question is where are they getting the money for these properties just consider the fact that EMF paid 12.7 million to Radio One (I think they’re still called that could be Radio 1st)
For WPZR now I don’t know how many stations they bought in 2018 but let’s just say 10 that’s a lot of cash just for new station purchases add to that cost for maintenance on other properties and don’t forget the thousands of translators they have, all this from listeners donations I just find it interesting that they are probably the largest Christian Radio Broadcaster that I know of ,they could be as big as IHeart here’s another thing maybe it doesn’t mean nothing but here it is ,seems strange to me that since they started on 102.7 a station that has HD why are they still using 92.3 hd2 for Air 1 and 92.3 is a I heart station second thing KLove and Air1 are on on the IHeart app as well it’s all very interesting.
You know they have to pay IHeart for the lease on 92.3 hd2 ,listeners donations used very wisely on that one don’t you think!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic