All new acct registrations in the queue as of 8/11 at 9:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

BMG / Columbia House CDs by mail

Here's your place to reminisce about classic radio and television. Want to share memories of The Big 8? How about J.P. McCarthy? Do it here!
bmw

BMG / Columbia House CDs by mail

Post by bmw » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:19 pm

Maybe not quite "Golden Years" yet, but digging through my old CD collection today reminded me of how I came to possess most of my CD's - through BMG's Music Club. 12 CD's for a penny.

I remember ordering mine in the mid-to-late 1990s from not a catalog, but as best I recall a large sheet of stamps. Each stamp had an album on it, and you'd tear out the stamps and stick 'em to the order form.

Anybody else ever order through either BMG or Columbia House?

TC Talks

Re: BMG / Columbia House CDs by mail

Post by TC Talks » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:37 pm

My sister in law worked for Columbia. It was a way to promote artists. Some of the albums were economy pressed (any 5 million+ album has an economy pressing), others were overstock.

I got pretty much anything from the promo reps, but she built quite a collection. I always found it hard to find anything really interesting.

(C) 2018 TC Talks. Assembled in U.S.A.

TheForce

Post by TheForce » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:23 pm

I miss those days!

Some Guy from Toledo

Post by Some Guy from Toledo » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:28 pm

My brother could never stop this!

Frank Booth

Post by Frank Booth » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:13 pm

I never did it, but I remember seeing the ad's. I've parted with most of My CD's, as I have my music downloaded on a Thumb drive and on my MP3 player. Crazy how things change

Don't be a good neighbor to her!!!

bugzapper

Post by bugzapper » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:32 pm

I bought plenty of CD's this way in the 90's, mostly replacing the cassettes I bought the same way in the early 70's :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic