Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

For those who think WGRD sounds like shit (yes, I'm one of those people)...

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

For those who think WGRD sounds like shit (yes, I'm one of those people)...

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:51 pm

...I strongly recommend checking out Q106 in Lansing either online or over the air.

What the new OM/PD has done to improve that station is phenomenal!!!

This Saturday (July 6), the station at 7p kicks off a weekly, live heavy metal show that will air for five hours straight each & every Saturday night.

The station is also debuting a local & regional music show Sunday nights.

The general playlist these days reminds me of Razor 94.7 in Green Bay, WJJO in Madison and KISS in San Antonio. In other words - plenty of hard & heavy rock from the past few decades with only an occasional classic rock staple artists (Ozzy, Motley Crue, AC/DC, etc.).

Too bad the piece of shit known as 106.1 The Ticket had to take to the airwaves to disrupt reception of Q106 in the SE sections of Kent County. Fortunately, Q106 has a pretty good online live stream.

48125er

Re: For those who think WGRD sounds like shit (yes, I'm one of those people)...

Post by 48125er » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:14 am

Their sister station WFGR has outsourced all of their night programming to the Night shift with Craig Allen.

The inept morons at clownsquare have a link on all their GR cluster websites to a seize the deal promotion that hasnt been updated since early 2018.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: For those who think WGRD sounds like shit (yes, I'm one of those people)...

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:10 pm

What Q106 is airing as I'm typing this is nothing short of phenomenal by FM radio standards.

Streaming it live on Tune In.

Q106 puts WGRD to absolute shame. GRD should be embarrassed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic