Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The fake news media's false Ken Holland narrative

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

The fake news media's false Ken Holland narrative

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun May 05, 2019 3:38 pm

When Stevie Y's homecoming was announced, I about vomited listening to the likes of Brad Galli and Jamie Samuelsen kissing Ken Holland's ass. Comments like - "what a class act! How nice of Ken to step aside from the GM role to allow Stevie Y to come home."

Here's the truth - Ken most likely didn't have a choice.

Steve returning home has nothing to do with Ken Holland's "grace." Either one of two things has happened here:
1. Ownership had enough of Holland and wanted him gone.
2. Holland had enough of the Wings and wanted to be free to speak to other teams.

My guess is the "Senior Vice President" job created for Ken was nothing more than an illusion to cover up the fact he was more-or-less being fired. Ilitch didn't want to embarrass Ken while he was searching for new opportunities with other teams.

As if there were any doubt as to the FAKE NEWS media's false reporting on the Ken Holland situation, any ounce of doubt was removed today. Reportedly, Ken Holland is set to become the new GM of the Edmonton Oilers.

fuzzpower

Re: The fake news media's false Ken Holland narrative

Post by fuzzpower » Mon May 06, 2019 1:32 am

Does that mean all of the over the hill guys will now play for Edmonton? Maybe they can get Cleary to come back and stink up the ice for two or three seasons.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: The fake news media's false Ken Holland narrative

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue May 07, 2019 5:06 pm

The Red Wings are busy putting out spin regarding Holland's exit, and the lap dogs in our local print media our eating it right up.
Holland went to Sweden two weeks ago to scout the under-18 world championships with Yzerman and various members of the Wings’ front office.

It didn’t take long, said Holland, to realize he still had the “itch” to continue being a GM.

“When I was over there, I realized I had the passion, and energy and enthusiasm and desire to continue to be a general manager in the NHL,” Holland said.
Riiiight. He had that epiphany right then & there.
“I would like to congratulate Ken Holland on his new position with the Edmonton Oilers and thank him for more than three decades of hard work, loyalty and passion for the Detroit Red Wings,” Ilitch said. “When Ken decided it was in the best long-term interest of the Red Wings for Steve Yzerman to serve in the role of general manager, we knew there was a strong possibility other franchises would inquire about him. It is a testament to how well-respected and admired Ken is around the National Hockey League.
I'm sure that Ken was the one who made that decision. :rolleyes

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic