Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Brooks Patterson has Stage 4 pancreatic cancer

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Deleted User 24

Brooks Patterson has Stage 4 pancreatic cancer

Post by Deleted User 24 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:31 pm

News and Freep are reporting it.

Matt

Re: Brooks Patterson has Stage 4 pancreatic cancer

Post by Matt » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:02 pm

While I'm not happy to hear of his poor health, the guy motherfucked any chance of auto insurance reform in the state, because he was in a bad accident while not wearing a seat belt.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:38 pm

Many years ago I worked on his campaign for statewide office. Agree or disagree with his politics, he was a class act and I still admire him.

Pancreatic cancer is the worst. I hope he doesn't have to endure the pain that it brings with it for too long.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:29 pm

While I'm not happy to hear of his poor health, the guy motherfucked any chance of auto insurance reform in the state, because he was in a bad accident while not wearing a seat belt.
I do agree that this fact made the auto insurance reform hill much tougher to climb.

That said - within the last year - he did come out & say he supports a fee schedule for medical care provided under no-fault. Price gouging by hospitals and other medical care providers are a big reason why rates are as high as they are. I am unsure how long he has supported the concept.

Former Senate Majority Leader Arlan Meekhof is probably the biggest reason why we didn't see reform last legislative session. That guy was perfectly fine with price gouging by commercial medical care providers; I suspect he received big $$$ from health care special interest groups. Would love to know how much money individuals affiliated with Spectrum Health donated to his campaigns, for example.

Patterson has done some good things for Oakland County through the years. He has been a good steward of his constituents' tax dollars and has done quite a bit to promote commerce in the area. For example, he organized "Arts, Beats & Eats," which has grown to become one of the biggest annual festivals in the state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:30 pm

He's still alive? Wow...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:25 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:29 pm
I do agree that this fact made the auto insurance reform hill much tougher to climb.

That said - within the last year - he did come out & say he supports a fee schedule for medical care provided under no-fault. Price gouging by hospitals and other medical care providers are a big reason why rates are as high as they are. I am unsure how long he has supported the concept.

Former Senate Majority Leader Arlan Meekhof is probably the biggest reason why we didn't see reform last legislative session. That guy was perfectly fine with price gouging by commercial medical care providers; I suspect he received big $$$ from health care special interest groups. Would love to know how much money individuals affiliated with Spectrum Health donated to his campaigns, for example.

Patterson has done some good things for Oakland County through the years. He has been a good steward of his constituents' tax dollars and has done quite a bit to promote commerce in the area. For example, he organized "Arts, Beats & Eats," which has grown to become one of the biggest annual festivals in the state.
He was also a race baiter extrodinaire... he needed to go quite some time ago... how many octeginarians do we really need in government?

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:28 am

Over the last 3 decades it seems this type of cancer is diagnosed so frequently it’s now become common. Just like brain cancer over the years..

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:35 am

I hope for the best for Mr. Patterson, I think his stand on the Regional Transportation Authority along with Mark Hackle was the correct thing for Oakland and Macomb why should taxpayers support something that has no benefits for both counties, And also the same for the Smart Bus system which doesn’t serve the entire area of Oakland or Macomb but yet, You and I are being taxed for it and why?

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:45 pm

Steve Korvette wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:35 am
I hope for the best for Mr. Patterson, I think his stand on the Regional Transportation Authority along with Mark Hackle was the correct thing for Oakland and Macomb why should taxpayers support something that has no benefits for both counties, And also the same for the Smart Bus system which doesn’t serve the entire area of Oakland or Macomb but yet, You and I are being taxed for it and why?
Most places don’t have that funny opt out of their regional transit system... most places also value having transit options instead of partying like its 1950 and we don’t need the stuff anymore... we had this infrastructure once and we ignorantly threw it in the trash...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic