Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Happy St. Pat's Day! Irish Ancestry Databases Free! Royal Pains? Next Gen Ancestry DNA!

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
CK-722

Happy St. Pat's Day! Irish Ancestry Databases Free! Royal Pains? Next Gen Ancestry DNA!

Post by CK-722 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:28 pm

Ever notice what a profound effect Ancestry DNA, 23 and Me, etc. are having on our lives?

The Irish Ancestry DNA Database accesses are free this weekend. Why? It's St. Patricks Day!

Notice lately that a lot of people are acting like Royal Pains? Maybe they have found out how their family branch fits into the Royal Family Tree. According to some sources, 50% or more of Europeans and European Americans are descended from the Royal Family.

Ancestry DNA and other DNA Search Databases and Engines are getting more and more specific. You will soon be able to pinpoint particular people who are your ancestors and relatives. You will soon literally be able to find out specifically who got into whose Jeans, and gave you those mysterious, previously inexplicable, sometimes awful, Genes. Like the woman who thought she had married an Italian!

All of this will be scary for some. Crime Investigations and Civil Court Cases based on heredity and heirs will increasingly hinge on DNA evidence. The up side? Those relatives at the family reunion who avoid you and who think you are looking to borrow money can no longer think of you as just being Poor Relations. And they may be closer relatives than you thought. Scary.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

audiophile

Re: Happy St. Pat's Day! Irish Ancestry Databases Free! Royal Pains? Next Gen Ancestry DNA!

Post by audiophile » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:53 pm

DNA carries a lot of traits. There was a recent study that those carrying the gg gene are nicer and more empathetic. Most gg genes are found in blue-eyed persons. Not all blue-eye persons carry the gg gene but some do.

I spent some time this morning looking at photos to see where my dominate features come from. I don't need a DNA test, it seems pretty obvious to me.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Ed Joseph

Re: Happy St. Pat's Day! Irish Ancestry Databases Free! Royal Pains? Next Gen Ancestry DNA!

Post by Ed Joseph » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:41 pm

Give Ireland back to the Irish!" "POW!!!"

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:55 pm

I had a DNA test done on the rescue dog I recently adopted. I thought he was pretty close to a purebred German Shepherd. I was wrong. He has about 20% Belgian Groenendael in him. That certainly isn't a bad thing.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic