Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

To Understand The Demographics Of Formats And Politics, Start Here

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Ben Zonia

To Understand The Demographics Of Formats And Politics, Start Here

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:01 pm

I'm still digesting this. It will help explain, I hope, both intrergenerational Radio Formats and the Politics of the Listeners to those formats. I think a lot of us were taken aback, for instance, by the promoters of WLLZ 106.7, who are calling their format Classic Rock. I don't think even media buyers understand what and who they are appealing to. It certainly isn't your fathers' Classic Rock. And also what and why certain ideologies are appealing to large numbers of younger voters.

https://communityrising.kasasa.com/gen-x-gen-y-gen-z/

This article probably explains as much as The Massey Tapes (1975), which I think were designed to help people deal with not only what would be the same as in the past, but to prepare them for the craziness of the future.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

TC Talks

Re: To Understand The Demographics Of Formats And Politics, Start Here

Post by TC Talks » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:23 am

I work with generations for a living, radio is basically dead once gen x ages out.

Programmers are building formats for listeners that don't exist. That's where a good salesman is needed to sell the crap out of share to buyers who don't understand how the book works.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic