Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. All accepted new account registrations through 12-09-2017 at 9:00a ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

A good buy?

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
ADD in TC

A good buy?

Post by ADD in TC » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:00 pm

Debated on buying a mint condition working motorola tube radio(ac41an)at a second hand store in Benzie County,sensitivity did not seem to be the greatest though.Gritted my teeth and decided not to buy it since I have a household full of radios and not the greatest in the organization department.From what I can tell,it looks like this radio goes between 30 to 35 dollars on Ebay.Did I pass up on a good deal?

ADD in TC

Re: A good buy?

Post by ADD in TC » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:20 am

Edit:Model I wrote down was actually ac42an,This was a clock radio.

k8jd

Post by k8jd » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:07 pm

the only Motorola radios I am familiar with were the Commercial two way radios from the old Mortacs to the latest Astro25 digital mobile and fixed variety of about 5 years ago.

originalzzmfmjock

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:34 pm

Any old radio for sale at a second hand store is a good buy, in this old radio guys opinion. Even if it doesn't work.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic