Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Lansing lame-duck

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Lansing lame-duck

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:26 pm

Turns out many of the bills - some controversial, according to the news media - passed by the State Senate during lame duck were never taken up by the House or were simply voted down.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 390358002/

For all the hyperventilating the media did about these bills when the Senate voted on them, I struggled to find word as to their final fate.

ZERO info from the portion of the morning newscasts I watched on Loco 4 and Circle 7 this morning.

Kudos to the Detroit News for keeping its readers informed. Daniel Howes from that same paper penned an absolutely stinging rebuke of GOP Senate leadership and State GOP figureheads a week or two ago. The paper more-or-less came out & said it didn't like how Lansing Republicans and State GOP leadership were behaving during lame duck and was very critical of some of the legislation.

Deleted User 8570

Re: Lansing lame-duck

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:57 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:26 pm
Turns out many of the bills - some controversial, according to the news media - passed by the State Senate during lame duck were never taken up by the House or were simply voted down.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 390358002/

For all the hyperventilating the media did about these bills when the Senate voted on them, I struggled to find word as to their final fate.

ZERO info from the portion of the morning newscasts I watched on Loco 4 and Circle 7 this morning.

Kudos to the Detroit News for keeping its readers informed. Daniel Howes from that same paper penned an absolutely stinging rebuke of GOP Senate leadership and State GOP figureheads a week or two ago. The paper more-or-less came out & said it didn't like how Lansing Republicans and State GOP leadership were behaving during lame duck and was very critical of some of the legislation.
It was a bald faced attempt to screw the Democrats over when they come into state wide offices in January... similar efforts are underway in Wisconsin and other states... when you are a minority of the overall voting population you have to do SOMETHING to be competitive...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic