Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Winter Storm Watch and the idiots who predict it.

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 14803

Winter Storm Watch and the idiots who predict it.

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:21 pm

Get your K-Rations together and gas up your snowblowers The Idiot Weather People are saying 2-8 on Monday but guess what ? We won’t get nothing so don’t worry it’s a lot of BS.As usual they will be wrong what a job they have they tell what they want and get paid for it.

Deleted User 8570

Re: Winter Storm Watch and the idiots who predict it.

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:42 pm

RadioKev wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:21 pm
Get your K-Rations together and gas up your snowblowers The Idiot Weather People are saying 2-8 on Monday but guess what ? We won’t get nothing so don’t worry it’s a lot of BS.As usual they will be wrong what a job they have they tell what they want and get paid for it.
So you are preemptively predicting a bust?

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:01 pm

Environment Canada hasn't issued anything for SW Ontario although they are calling for a little bit of snow tonight. I agree that very little is going to happen.

Deleted User 10525

Post by Deleted User 10525 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:30 pm

Sounds like ch 11 in Toledo with there dumbass first alert days

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:23 am

I heard only light snow.

2 to 8 inches my ass.

Music is my life.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:26 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:23 am
I heard only light snow.

2 to 8 inches my ass.
It’s gonna depend greatly where you are... north of M59 into the thumb seems to be the line between say 2 or 3 at most and getting 6-8... roughly Northern Oakland county to Alpena...

weathernut

Post by weathernut » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:07 am

So, we have people on here calling meteorologist idiots and then go on and use a double negative saying that “we won’t get nothing”. Does that mean we are going to get a lot? And then we have people calling the Toledo station dumbasses, and then proceed to use the wrong form of the word there. I suggest you guys get a BS in meteorology, create your own forecast, and post it on here. It’s easy to forecast the snow after the fact.
Stick to radio predictions, those are a fun read.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:16 am

Which station do you work for?
It's obvious you work for one, or you wouldn't be getting this defensive over our discussion

Music is my life.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:15 am

Gotta love the grammar police.
If you don't like what somebody says then if you can nitpick their grammar you can use that to question their intelligence.
If you use a double negative evidently you are too stupid to question the weather predictions.

I no longer directly engage trolls

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:17 am

One thing for sure here in Ann Arbor the morning rush will not be the slushy mess I heard last night.

I no longer directly engage trolls

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:22 am

It's 6 am and no sign of snow. It rained a heck of a lot though.

Music is my life.

weathernut

Post by weathernut » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:43 am

Hey guys! Sorry for getting so defensive last night. I have been a casual viewer of this website for quite a long time and enjoy the good reads. Yes it is pretty frustrating when people who do not have the knowledge share their thoughts. It is actually very constructive to actually reach out to a meteorologist, to learn what it takes to predict events like this. The computer models can only go so far. If you have the wrong initial conditions, any extrapolation in the models is going to be exponentially off the further you go out.
The reason you do not see me post on here is because I have very limited knowledge, but a high passion of the subject; therefore, do not want to flood the board with trivial questions, thus my private messaging of metalhead on occassion.
I am definitely open to constructive dialogue....but this is probably not the platform to do it. I love weather, was a meteorologist years ago, and love to talk about it. I may have been out of it for several years, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn express last night!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:32 am

I thought the weather folks did a pretty good job forecasting this storm.

The onset, duration, rain/snow line and probably totals will stack up pretty much as forecasted.

Some models were overdoing projected totals back toward Lansing, Kalamazoo and GR, and virtually all forecasters picked up on that fact correctly. The conditions by Lapeer, for example, are pretty nasty right now.

RadioKev, no offense, but you are clueless on this subject. The Winter Storm Watch never included the heart of the metro area. Forecasters have said all along that the east side, downtown and downriver would see little accumulation from this system. Up by Holly and Lapeer, it is a completely different story, as projected.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:47 am

The forecast is 100% accurate in Traverse City, and in Chicago.

What the complainers don't comprehend is that just because they missed a storm band doesn't mean it didn't hit.

I live behind a large dune, so clouds often move North of my area. Is the weather forecast applicable to me? No but it was to someone.

Any time you have weather traveling over a body of water like Lake Michigan, things will not be completely predictable.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

szmigiel

Post by szmigiel » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:38 am

I would say it was pretty spot on forecast overall.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic