Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

98.7 The Breeze: Announcers, Jingles, DJ'S, Morning Show, etc. Discussion

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
armchair pd

Re: 98.7 The Breeze: Announcers, Jingles, DJ'S, Morning Show, etc. Discussion

Post by armchair pd » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:46 am

RadioKev wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:14 am
The one thing lately with format changes is the new station does well the first few books than the numbers nosedive It happened with The Bounce Just recently now they didn’t take a bad fall they just leveled off a bit maybe it will be different with The Breeze only time will tell.
The Bounce failing to capitalize on it's breakout success is one of the epic Detroit radio fails this decade. They were going to level off from the honeymoon sampling for sure, but got to urban to fast and blew off the suburban female audience that was a H*** part of that 8.0 share they started with.
Way to go.

Steve79

Post by Steve79 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:25 am

lets hope that they don't go way of the other stations that have tried AC before ( lite rock 93.9, 105.1, 100.7-95.1, and 100.3's many tweaks) they ALL eventually go to a "fresher/hotter" sound, dropping the lighter songs, adding more current "upbeat" songs. I really pray this doesn't happen to the Breeze.
I'm certain the 10,000 songs-in-a-row should be done by now, no?

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:18 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:36 am
I know the reason why it was ditched both times, ill tell you the decision for JJ to ditch it was definitely worth it based on conditions from higher up.
And I agree, I don't even listen anymore. It's nothing like it used to be. And this "new" imaging they have going is kind of stupid too.
Would I be correct in assuming it wasn’t necessarily voluntary on the local level?

sirrealone

Post by sirrealone » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:25 pm

Cars 107.9 up in Flint plays the Classic American Top 40 countdowns from back in the 80's. I think they do them on Saturday nights. I still remember listening to those as a kid. It seems like that would be a good fit for a station like this.

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:45 pm

I could be wrong but just before the Holiday Music started on 100.3 I thought I heard a promo for American Top 40 the 80’s with Kasem.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:42 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:18 pm
stopnswop2 wrote:
I know the reason why it was ditched both times, ill tell you the decision for JJ to ditch it was definitely worth it based on conditions from higher up.
And I agree, I don't even listen anymore. It's nothing like it used to be. And this "new" imaging they have going is kind of stupid too.
Would I be correct in assuming it wasn’t necessarily voluntary on the local level?
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say, so I'll give vague details.

It was all at the local level. Restrictions were put on the request lunch, to the point that it was pointless to even have anymore. Then, JJ did bring it back briefly after the restrictions were taken off , but dropped it again, this time due to issues with the actual listeners, such as flooding in by the 100s, requests for songs the station would never play... but I guess that also can be blamed on the tightening of the format and restricting the station to pretty much 80s.

Even Pan Rossi's request show is pretty much impossible now. By the middle of this year she refused to play any suggestions I gave that were older than the late 70s.
Hope I don't get a slap for this, lol

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:50 pm

This is why I think Pam's Sunday Morning Brew would be a perfect move to The Breeze, as it's not restricted to any specific decade.. well unless it's a song pre-1960 of course, but who's really going to try and request Dion and The Belmonts these days? Haha

Music is my life.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:05 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:42 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:18 pm
stopnswop2 wrote:
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say, so I'll give vague details.

It was all at the local level. Restrictions were put on the request lunch, to the point that it was pointless to even have anymore. Then, JJ did bring it back briefly after the restrictions were taken off , but dropped it again, this time due to issues with the actual listeners, such as flooding in by the 100s, requests for songs the station would never play... but I guess that also can be blamed on the tightening of the format and restricting the station to pretty much 80s.

Even Pan Rossi's request show is pretty much impossible now. By the middle of this year she refused to play any suggestions I gave that were older than the late 70s.
Hope I don't get a slap for this, lol
It makes it remarkable they are doing so well if they won’t play songs the audience wants to hear...

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:05 pm

Yeah, it baffles me as well

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:31 pm

What about Flashback Weekends like WNIC used to do?

Uptempo Disco and Pop, pre-1990 only.

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:51 pm

They redid their logo and added the "." In.
I liked it without it though. It looked fancier.

Music is my life.

Steve79

Post by Steve79 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:53 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:51 pm
They redid their logo and added the "." In.
I liked it without it though. It looked fancier.
I am the opposite on this. I HATED it with out it. The fact that they don't say "point" in the name is bad enough. I'd rather them say "98 point 7"

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:13 pm

Some stupid kids made some petition to bring back AMP, and on the long rant claimed The Breeze is a Jazz Station 😂😂.
So anything that isn't Ariana Grande or noisy lousy excuse for rap is "Jazz" to them ? 😂😑

My favorite Jazz Artist: Celine Dion.
😂

Maybe they were on Google and found the old Smooth Jazz format and got confused?
I hope so. I mean I know Generation Z kids are a bit brain dead, but can they really be THAT stupid ?
Last edited by stopnswop2 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Music is my life.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:35 pm

Tell them to shove it and listen to 95.5 for mindless pap. Grown folks are listening. What, suddenly they care about FM radio???

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:42 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:35 pm
Tell them to shove it and listen to 95.5 for mindless pap. Grown folks are listening. What, suddenly they care about FM radio???
I actually literally told that to some kid (that couldn't spell anything at all) to do that in his whiny reply to something The Breeze posted on twitter.

It was funny though. His first sentence was like "the breeze socks".
The Breeze replied to him with a GIF of socks. I died, lmao.
Last edited by stopnswop2 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic