All new acct registrations in the queue as of 8/11 at 9:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

DX Dreams And Reality

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
Arthur Mometer

DX Dreams And Reality

Post by Arthur Mometer » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:16 am

Ever dream about TV DXing? I have had a recurrent one where every channel in analog was crystal clear. Even UHF channels before I had a TV that had UHF. A neighbor had an early TV with UHF, so I knew those channels existed.

In the late 1950s, I would really see the Indian Head Test Pattern going in and out with cochannel lines on Channels 2-4. Didn't know it was E Skip until a few years later. It was later in the morning, after nearby Grade B signals had already signed on, so it was probably stations just about to sign on out West. And of course the 10 kHz offset audio whine. I don't remember a 20 kHz whine an octave higher so maybe the audio rolled off lower than that. Seems like I could hear 20 kHz from an audio generator at one time.

"I'm meteorologist Arthur Mometer."

"Those of you who think you know everything are very annoying to those of us who do."

"Lies have to be repeated and repeated to be believed. Truth stands on its own merit."

Turkeytop

Re: DX Dreams And Reality

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:47 pm

While other guys are dreaming about hot women or winning the lottery, geeks like us are dreaming of DXing. :lol :lol :lol

k8jd

Re: DX Dreams And Reality

Post by k8jd » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:03 pm

I don't dream of DXing, I DO IT :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic