All new acct registrations in the queue as of 10/14 at 10:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

FreeBird Southern Rock Debut's SXM30

A place to discuss XM, Sirius, and internet radio.
windsor

FreeBird Southern Rock Debut's SXM30

Post by windsor » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:07 pm

Lynard Skynard's own channel called Freebird premiere's today at 12 eastern playing nothing but southern rock and tributes to the greatest southern rocker ever............SXM30

So raise your Rebel flag, grab a bottle of Jack and chase it with a cold tall boy and crank it up.............y'all hear????

Blackburn Radio sucks @ rock formats PERIOD!!!!!

Turkeytop

Re: FreeBird Southern Rock Debut's SXM30

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:28 pm

Yeh I'll get right on that. :barf

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:28 am

Not a big Skynyrd fan, but the premise sounds interesting. I'll give the channel a listen.

Love the fact SXM embraces ROCK with open arms and keeps expanding offerings whereas wimpy commercial FM Radio is largely averse to the genre.

iFartRadio seems to have gone all-in on sissy alt "rock." I guess they want to replicate the shitty ratings of its 105.7 in Atlanta and 104.9 in St. Louis in multiple cities.

Radio's downfall has been under-investing in its core competency and becoming distracted by delusions of grandeur by thinking development of a half-assed national digital strategy will somehow put it on par with the Facebooks and Googles of the world.

windsor

Post by windsor » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:59 am

This channel is only a limited time but I hope SiriusXM makes a dedicated channel to the Southern Rock genre.Since Ive gotten SiriusXM Ive noticed a hole in their rock lineup being that of southern Rock.Also they need a modern blues channel Im not a fan of the BB King channel they presently have.

Im really discovering alot of tunes that I didnt know were that good bc of being used to only hearing the tight FM playlists all my life.Saw Skynard 2 yrs ago at Caesars Windsor and they were awesome Live.Im hopeing they come back around on this final tour.

Here's one I just discovered off this Freebird channel........alot of us here in the metro can relate to this one, if you love your family and your freedom and your country..........hope you all take a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hatt5ciTujU

windsor

Post by windsor » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:09 am

In fact here's one from that concert at Caesars Windsor that night..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J3IrH6J9ic

906XJ

Post by 906XJ » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:24 pm

If there is a hell, and I end up in it... that channel will provide the soundtrack.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:41 pm

906XJ wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:24 pm
If there is a hell, and I end up in it... that channel will provide the soundtrack.
:rollin :rollin :rollin

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Thu May 24, 2018 12:52 am

Turkeytop/906XJ, good news is that XM30 is now the Fleetwood Mac channel, and they play some of their pre-produced tape tracks; you can really hear how much 'stuff' Lindsay Buckingham dumps into their tracks to give them their fuller sound. Before his massive overdubbing, they're just a good average band: keyboards, bass, drums, Nick's vocals, and mild guitar. Lindsay must add at least 5 vocal overdubs and same for guitar, so how they can reproduce the sound in concert means that they need about two of everybody extra; but, at least XM30 is not the channel from Hell (Michigan).

906XJ

Post by 906XJ » Fri May 25, 2018 8:32 am

I can't stand Fleetwood Mac either. I think that chick with the dude's name is a caterwalling nightmare.

Just awful... only surpassed in awful by Janis Joplin.

Vic Doucette

Post by Vic Doucette » Fri May 25, 2018 11:14 am

It has been great to hear music from the first two iterations of the band, especially the earliest, blues-based material. I have no use for the hit-making juggernaut of roughly 1975 forward.

Support The Miracle League of Michigan -- because EVERY child deserves the chance to play baseball!
Visit www.michiganmiracle.org

handsomebradybreaker

Post by handsomebradybreaker » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:30 pm

Well,as an African Canadian, I'll suggest places you can shove your Confederate treachery/slavery/ rape/murder/LOSER RAG . (My great-great-grandparents were escaped Maryland slaves. ) I'd LOVE the tall boy,though......

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:51 am

CH30 is now a useless "U2 Experience". Now if SXM just used ch 30 to play individual artists, and dumped all the Payola individual artist channels (except Elvis and the Beatles), they would have quite a nice chunk of bandwidth for better audio quality or bring back some of their old quality stations that had to go streaming only.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic