All new acct registrations in the queue as of 5/25 at 4:40p ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

EAS test

A place to discuss XM, Sirius, and internet radio.
windsor

EAS test

Post by windsor » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:14 am

Was suprised yesterday night coming home from work to hear a EAS test on Ozzys boneyard.I didnt ever hear one on sat radio and didnt think they do that like on terrestrial radio. :eek

Dave Rexroth: Detroit's NEW #1 for the Most Accurate Weather

WOHO

Re: EAS test

Post by WOHO » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:25 pm

Yes, as a national broadcaster, they do run a weekly test and the RMT as well. My question to you: If it was an RMT, did they run the 8 seconds of the old EBS Alert Tones in addition to the triple duck farts? When they had the National EAS test a while back, Sirius did NOT have the EBS attention signals, only the duck farts, bad audio and the 3 EOM farts - it was muted where the 8 seconds of tone should have been. I'm assuming that the Canadian customers would hear this as well, so what about Canada- do they have a similar EAS as we do? If so, I would think that it would have to be carried on the Canuk channels, but also any channel enabled for Canadian customers?

windsor

Re: EAS test

Post by windsor » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:39 am

As for canadian terrestrial radio I dont think Ive ever heard a emerg warning test.Mind you i dont listen to much local canuck radio as for SiriusXM I have yet to venture to the canuck channels.They dont really interest me.Ive never been sold on bc Im canadian I have to listen to the CBC.

Dave Rexroth: Detroit's NEW #1 for the Most Accurate Weather

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic