Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

SiriusXM and Cancellations

A place to discuss programming, content sources & aggregator web sites, hardware, and all things related to emerging audio programming distribution technologies.
macgoldfan

Re: SiriusXM and Cancellations

Post by macgoldfan » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:57 am

With satellite radios in most cars now I never understood why they didn't just have 6-10 channels going free all the time with advertising of course and pushing their service.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:44 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:16 am
The compression on Sirius was much worse in the early days of Sirius (pre-Stern). I've been a Sirius subscriber since 2004.

That being said, the audio quality has not improved at all in about a decade's time. I may hold an unpopular view, but I wish the number of channels would be reduced in order to improve overall audio quality.

As poor as Sirius XM's audio processing sounds, I've heard plenty of HD2 & HD3 FM signals that sound worse. I've even heard a few analog FM stations that sound worse (I would certainly place 89X in that category; everything sounds squooshed).
Compression as in lossy data reduction, not the DBX type of analog processing. They're pushing out twice as many shows. as they did on the same bandwidth, correct?

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:48 am

macgoldfan wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:57 am
With satellite radios in most cars now I never understood why they didn't just have 6-10 channels going free all the time with advertising of course and pushing their service.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
Nobody is listening, there is no point.

Talk to people outside of this forum who're not infected with this radio hobby, and you'll find that few people "do radio".

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic