I've gotten slow & sloppy in activating new accounts lately; sorry about that! All new acct registrations in the queue as of 9/23 at 7:15a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Streaming question

A place to discuss XM, Sirius, and internet radio.
radiojunkie2002

Streaming question

Post by radiojunkie2002 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:48 pm

I have always wondered...Why Do the online streams of local broadcast radio stations do not play the same commercials that they play live on the air, they play PSAs and station promos instead. Is this for legal reasons? I do not understand why it is this way. it makes far more sense and easier to have just one line out on both over the air and online. An Audience is an audience however they hear it.

TC Talks

Re: Streaming question

Post by TC Talks » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:31 am

radiojunkie2002 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:48 pm
I have always wondered...Why Do the online streams of local broadcast radio stations do not play the same commercials that they play live on the air, they play PSAs and station promos instead. Is this for legal reasons? I do not understand why it is this way. it makes far more sense and easier to have just one line out on both over the air and online. An Audience is an audience however they hear it.
Two reasons: It's a separate sale for the station. Many stations don't sell it. Also, rights to the content (with national content) often doesn't allow for it to be used in ways other than the original plan.

(C) 2018 TC Talks. Assembled in U.S.A.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:18 am

radiojunkie2002 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:48 pm
I've noticed that too. Or, sometimes they play the same commercials, but slotted in at different times.

TheForce

Post by TheForce » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:14 pm

The same can be said for the CBS affiliates on CBS All Access. Watching the stream and TV and they have different commercials as you observed for radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic