All new acct registrations in the queue as of 8/11 at 9:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Free preview of Sirus XM in my car

A place to discuss XM, Sirius, and internet radio.
k8jd

Re: Free preview of Sirus XM in my car

Post by k8jd » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:52 pm

I have had a Ford F150 for a few years now and it was loaded, used, at the right price.
I have listened to the satellite radio on the many free periods they offered but the sound quality was below par compared to HD FM and I thought I would find some rare music on the 60's channel but it was the same old top 30 hits.
There are plenty of stations on AM and FM and the FM HD subchannels to listen to. Close to 100 different program s to tune in. I will not waste my money on XM.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Wed May 16, 2018 5:05 pm

Free preview time again on SiriusXM. Works on old car radio, but I can't get the 'free online' to work on any of my devices: Internet Radio, Alexa or Roku box.

TheForce

Post by TheForce » Wed May 16, 2018 6:31 pm

Yep, been using it today!

Frank Booth

Post by Frank Booth » Thu May 17, 2018 3:10 am

Just noticed it today, really like Ch 34.

Don't be a good neighbor to her!!!

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Fri May 18, 2018 6:06 pm

I have SXM in the car, and recently got email saying that streaming preview was available for free thru 5/29, on both desktop web and the SXM mobile app. Nice to be able to catch a favorite channel indoors, or one that's available only online, but I'm not going to pay the extra tab for it come month's end.

Frank Booth

Post by Frank Booth » Tue May 29, 2018 1:53 am

I was looking on the site and see there are 3 different packages to choose from, at least for my car. The mostly music one came to 131$ a year, tempting but not sure if it's worth it for me as I only drive about 8 minutes to work.

There is repetition but not near as bad as regular radio.

Don't be a good neighbor to her!!!

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Tue May 29, 2018 10:30 am

Frank Booth, call them and tell them that you want the 'Select' package for $99 a year, plus royalty fee, plus taxes, don't spend $131 for a package that doesn't give you Sinatra or Elvis/Beatles? They will make you 5 different offers, but if you wait until they very end, you can probably get the package closer to $99 a year, especially if yo are talking to a rep with English as a first language.

TheForce

Post by TheForce » Tue May 29, 2018 4:03 pm

I have found it best to stay away from this company. I think they offer some great programming/niche channels but when it comes down right to it their business practices are poor. And if you don't want a headache when you want to cancel then I would not subscribe. Even if your credit card on file expires they do NOT stop your service, they just keep billing your account and before you know it you start getting calls from collections. Read around online about this lousy company. It is asinine that this day and age of the digital world that you cannot cancel your subscription online like other major services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, WWE Network, MLB TV, etc...instead they make YOU call to cancel so they can pounce on your ass trying to get you to stay. With me it's like what part of cancel or part of NO do you not understand?

HD74

Post by HD74 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:11 am

OK, I got a free preview Friday.
1st thing I found out was that here, in 2018, disco still sucks.
2nd thing, every time I drive down a country road, I lose signal repeatedly, even at the end of my driveway.
I'm assuming this is due to trees?
I was stuck on the Grateful Dead channel all weekend, that was far out.
Anybody know what channel the Tigers are on?

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:42 pm

You have to look-up the Tigers games every day online and they move them around, usually it's around CH189 on XM, but sometimes you only get the home team that they're playing on the road, and not the Detroit Tigers baseball network.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic