(Message from M.W. as of 4/15/2018): The Buzzboard has made its triumphant return to the Tapatalk mobile app! Thanks everyone for your patience. All new acct registrations in the queue as of 4/15 at 8:15a ET have been activated.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

SXM Holiday Traditions CH 4

A place to discuss XM, Sirius, and internet radio.
Turkeytop

SXM Holiday Traditions CH 4

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:02 pm

I'm one of those who is always critical of radio stations that start their Christmas music too early. Mid December is soon enough. But I appreciate that SXM keeps their Holiday Traditions channel going for a few days after Christmas. I'd rather listen to it now than in November. Keeps the holiday spirit alive between Christmas and New Years.

Turkeytop

Re: SXM Holiday Traditions CH 4

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:45 pm

It's all over now. As of noon, Dec 30 CH 4 flipped to something they call New Years Nation> :barf :barf :barf

Takes a jackhammer to any remaining Christmas spirit one might have felt.

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:08 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:45 pm
It's all over now. As of noon, Dec 30 CH 4 flipped to something they call New Years Nation> :barf :barf :barf

Takes a jackhammer to any remaining Christmas spirit one might have felt.
I agree.....I've had the truck radio more / less set to XM4 for the last month or so.....kinda nice....was going out on an errand today, and before I got to the stop sign at the end of the street, I said, aloud to an empty truck, "What the heck is this sh*t?"

They probably caused a positive bump in the ratings to a number of terrestrial stations with that crap.
The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:39 pm

Siriusly Sinatra, CH 71 still has some holiday music in their mix.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:31 pm

Yes, I was surprised by the abrupt ending of Holiday Traditions (4) - could have keep it thru the New Year's holiday- even up to the 12th day of Christmas (Epiphany, January 6th) for that matter. Didn't hear many 'call-in' messages this year. Didn't hear mine at least. Library had some chestnuts, but they weren't in the rotation very much and I only heard them once or twice, while "Baby it's cold outside" entered the "Christmas Shoes" song of shame hatelist for playing it every 25 minutes and too much Santa Baby.

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:32 pm

WOHO wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:31 pm
while "Baby it's cold outside" entered the "Christmas Shoes" song of shame hatelist for playing it every 25 minutes and too much Santa Baby.
Wow....my feelings EXACTLY.

"Baby it's cold outside"......listen, she wants to go home....it's pretty clear why you want her to stay, and equally clear she does not feel the same way......let her go....there are plenty more where she came from. For goodness sake, stop groveling and start calling the next girl on the list! Instant tune-out.

"Santa Baby".....embraces exactly ALL the wrong things about Christmas. Tolerable the first time I heard it.....a tune out ever since.

You and I agree a lot. You are as such a truly impressive individual! :razz
The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:40 am

Plate Cap, it's one in a million- I have an acquaintance with the same musical tastes, and one on an XM board that feels the same way- so it's good to know that there are 4 of us in North America with a similar taste in music programming! Right back at ya buddy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic