Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. All accepted new account registrations through 1-17-2018 at 8:00p ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating newly registered accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Free preview of Sirus XM in my car

A place to discuss XM, Sirius, and internet radio.
TheForce

Re: Free preview of Sirus XM in my car

Post by TheForce » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:33 am

They could definitely go cheaper on the subscriptions. The only reason I'm not signed up now is because of their cancellation method of having to call instead of doing a no pressure online cancellation. Like I was saying before, most of the major online subscription services allow customers to cancel online. To sweeten the deal they could even offer an Al La Carte package. There are only a few channels I'm interested in.

TheForce

Post by TheForce » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:45 pm

I noticed yesterday there is another free listening period going on. Does anyone know when it started and how long it will last?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:25 pm

I believe it started Monday; it goes through November 27. These free previews generally last two weeks.
Kathy Klages needs to be incarcerated. Why are the local media ignoring the vile actions of this wicked woman? LOCK HER UP!!!!

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:29 am

I like how with the Preview I get in my car are only for the music stations. If I were to get SXM, it wouldn't be for the music stations. Last time I had SXM, I mostly listened to the comedy channels.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:48 pm

SXM has about a 100 stations in the preview. I think they were cautious about the comedy language due to bleeping out offensive to some words?
I think the freebie goes until the night of the 27th, early AM 28th. It's a great way to look at SXM hardware on Black Friday and be able to try it out with something on more than one channel. XMAS is on CH4 and on CH70 already. Tom Petty Channel still exists without his presence. Dylan used to have a 'Theme Time Radio' show that was really good - like an hour of songs all about being in jail, or the color blue, etc....

1027BrianFM

Post by 1027BrianFM » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:48 am

hmmm? I guess I wasn't eldigebale but I do get something in the mail from time to time asking me to subscribe, the prior owner of my car I think had it the whole time they owned it.
The New Z 102.7 Rocks! "You could listen WRIF and hear commercials,you could listen to snowflake music on Alt 106.7 Or you could listen to the station that REALLY rocks Detroit" WPZR Mt.Clemens/Detroit Crank it up and break the buttons off"

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:20 am

Right now, SXM is in a really generous mood; if you have an old radio out there that is unsubscribed, you can likely talk them into not only giving you 6 months for $30, but possibly double that time and double the price; that's the lowest that I've ever heard?

TheForce

Post by TheForce » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:56 pm

Kinda surprised they are not having a free period now for the Christmas holiday as they did for Thanksgiving.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:39 am

The preview was to have radios active for Black Friday; I would call them next week and see if they'll offer the double offer for a previously-subscribed radio to renew.

TheForce

Post by TheForce » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:18 am

I don't plan on subscribing ever until they allow online cancellations. They have terrible practices in terms of billing and cancellations.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:28 pm

It looks like subscribers can expect a price hike in 2018; federal courts have approved an increase in royalty payments to the recording industry.

Still a terrific deal, IMO. Every MLB, NHL, NFL and NBA contest, great rock channels and unlimited Howard Stern.
Kathy Klages needs to be incarcerated. Why are the local media ignoring the vile actions of this wicked woman? LOCK HER UP!!!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:19 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:28 pm
Every MLB, NHL, NFL and NBA contest, great rock channels and unlimited Howard Stern.

In spite of all that, I remain a subscriber.

TheForce

Post by TheForce » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:07 pm

I don't like Stern and I don't care for listening to sports on the radio. Not such a great deal if your not into the aforementioned things.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:38 pm

I have zero interest in sports, less than zero interest in Stern, zero interest in rock music, zero interest in cowboy music and zero interest in religion. But I still find enough there to make it worthwhile.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:00 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:38 pm
I have zero interest in sports, less than zero interest in Stern, zero interest in rock music, zero interest in cowboy music and zero interest in religion. But I still find enough there to make it worthwhile.
What? You haven't discovered the "Garage Band" channel yet? :lol

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:11 am

SolarMax wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:00 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:38 pm
What? You haven't discovered the "Garage Band" channel yet? :lol

Oh. You must mean CBC Radio II.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:18 pm

As mentioned in another thread, SXM has informed subscribers of an impending rate increase, due to higher music royalty payment fees they're required to pay. Here's the text of the message:

To Our Valued Customers:

Effective as of February 15, 2018, the U.S. Music Royalty Fee will increase from 13.9% to 19.1% of the price of all audio packages which include music channels. Your fee may vary depending on the package and plan term you have chosen and the number of subscriptions on your account.

The U.S. Music Royalty Fee applies to most audio packages* and offsets the royalties payable by SiriusXM to composers, publishers, recording artists, musicians and record labels that hold copyrights to musical works and recordings. The increase is a result of the recent decision by the Copyright Royalty Board of the Library of Congress.

For more information about the U.S. Music Royalty Fee, visit siriusxm.com/usmusicroyalty.

We appreciate your loyalty to SiriusXM and are dedicated to providing our subscribers with the best programming variety and listening experience available anywhere.

Thank you for being a SiriusXM subscriber.

*Packages that are not charged the U.S. Music Royalty Fee include News, Sports & Talk, Traffic, Travel Link, Weather, Marine Weather and Aviation Weather.

In a couple of weeks I need to do the "I'm going to cancel" silliness, again. Guessing after the usual three "Nopes" they'll offer a deal that will end up being OK, but probably a bit more than the past few renewals.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:28 pm

They mailed me a letter that said to renew an inactive radio for $5 a month, but when I entered a radio given to me at Christmas, it automatically gave me the full price online, and I couldn't get it back to the $5 deal. How dumb, we have to play the cancellation card with these guys instead of making a decent rate for 6months- 1 year.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:32 am

SolarMax wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:18 pm
In a couple of weeks I need to do the "I'm going to cancel" silliness, again. Guessing after the usual three "Nopes" they'll offer a deal that will end up being OK, but probably a bit more than the past few renewals.
Update:
Did the re-up dance with SXM the other day. Got six months for $29.94 (plus the $4.16 Royalties fee). This was actually a little bit less than the previous five month deal I just came off of, so sort of a win.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic