Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 10-07-2017 at 9:30a ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Internet Radio blues

A place to discuss XM, Sirius, and internet radio.
WOHO

Internet Radio blues

Post by WOHO » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:08 am

Anybody else out there having Internet Radio problems with stations that are serviced by Radionomy? When Live365 was killed by the horrid small webscaster bigtime royalty increases, a lot of stations flocked to Radionomy, but also gained their crappy Home Depot/Lowe's/GEICO commercials every 15 minutes, yet the music remained.
For the past two weeks I can't get CrystalRadio.CA anymore, only a crap recording from Radionomy saying to get a phone app from their website- that doesn't do jack for me on an internet radio. Their stations' are also not carried by Tune-In any longer. This is getting as bad as terrestrial radio.
Anyone else have the Radionomy problem and a suggested work-around??
Thanks

radiojunkie2002

Re: Internet Radio blues

Post by radiojunkie2002 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:57 am

I had made / had 4 internet radio stations on LIVE 365, then they quickly went out of business after royalty fee changes happened a few years ago.

Live365 is back now - with new owners and a new interface... but...
The cost is higher now to set up a streaming station again. I just can't afford it. Disappointing.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:10 am

Wish we had our own legal team to fight for the small internet broadcasters to have a mini license fee.

TheForce

Post by TheForce » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:29 pm

I am not familiar with Radionomy. For internet radio I listen to TuneIn Radio and iHeart Radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic