Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. All accepted new account registrations through 12-09-2017 at 9:00a ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Internet Radio blues

A place to discuss XM, Sirius, and internet radio.
WOHO

Internet Radio blues

Post by WOHO » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:08 am

Anybody else out there having Internet Radio problems with stations that are serviced by Radionomy? When Live365 was killed by the horrid small webscaster bigtime royalty increases, a lot of stations flocked to Radionomy, but also gained their crappy Home Depot/Lowe's/GEICO commercials every 15 minutes, yet the music remained.
For the past two weeks I can't get CrystalRadio.CA anymore, only a crap recording from Radionomy saying to get a phone app from their website- that doesn't do jack for me on an internet radio. Their stations' are also not carried by Tune-In any longer. This is getting as bad as terrestrial radio.
Anyone else have the Radionomy problem and a suggested work-around??
Thanks

radiojunkie2002

Re: Internet Radio blues

Post by radiojunkie2002 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:57 am

I had made / had 4 internet radio stations on LIVE 365, then they quickly went out of business after royalty fee changes happened a few years ago.

Live365 is back now - with new owners and a new interface... but...
The cost is higher now to set up a streaming station again. I just can't afford it. Disappointing.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:10 am

Wish we had our own legal team to fight for the small internet broadcasters to have a mini license fee.

TheForce

Post by TheForce » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:29 pm

I am not familiar with Radionomy. For internet radio I listen to TuneIn Radio and iHeart Radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic