Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 7-16-2017 at 6:00p ET have been activated.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Guns & Roses.

A place to discuss XM, Sirius, and internet radio.
Turkeytop

Guns & Roses.

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:59 pm

Got an e mail from XM inviting me to participate in a contest to win a trip to New York and a Guns and Roses Concert.

I replied that I'd rather chew tinfoil.

That elicited their standard response. "Sorry you feel that way. One of our customer service representatives will be contacting you within the next 72 hours, to address your concerns."

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Guns & Roses.

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:35 pm

So, did you ever hear back? :)
Radio station web sites that do not offer music logs or at least a "songs recently played" list are stupid.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:04 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:35 pm
So, did you ever hear back? :)
Of course not. I didn't expect to.

Another time I got that same reply to one of my e mails. About six months later I sent them a reminder that the 72 hours was long past. So they sent a reply with some lame response that didn't even answer my initial question.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:27 am

Speaking of eating tinfoil, isn't there some weird sh*t if you do chew on tinfoil with your old almalagum fillings that sparks or other weird stuff happens- or just folklore? It does of course make a usable extension to any rod antenna.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:50 am

I've done it. You know the feeling when you apply your tongue to the terminals of a 9V battery? Now imagine putting it on your teeth. It's sort of like that. I don't recall sparks, but it was really unpleasant.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic