Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 10-07-2017 at 9:30a ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

SiriusXM and Cancellations

A place to discuss XM, Sirius, and internet radio.
TheForce

Re: SiriusXM and Cancellations

Post by TheForce » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:08 pm

I have to laugh, late February and I am still getting these bloody letters from these douches in the mail. And still the occasional phone call and e-mail. They are a persistent bunch...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:08 am

You need to try WSM 650 from Nashville. They come in most evenings. Classic country. I'm not even a country music fan but I like WSM.

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:16 pm

TheForce wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:08 pm
I have to laugh, late February and I am still getting these bloody letters from these douches in the mail. And still the occasional phone call and e-mail. They are a persistent bunch...
My wife bought a new car equipped with a Sirius XM radio last year, but never subscribed. Nevertheless, she still gets junk mail from them on a weekly basis.

TheForce

Post by TheForce » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:18 pm

It's just ridiculous the measures they go through to get a subscriber. On occasion I do get WSM at night. But I think they have a live stream as well.

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:20 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:08 am
You need to try WSM 650 from Nashville. They come in most evenings. Classic country. I'm not even a country music fan but I like WSM.
Dale Watson said it best about WSM in his song, "A Real Country Song":

"I miss that station I grew up on --WSM.
When it was real, and country to the bone,
And heartfelt stories in every song."

All things considered, WSM is still "real, and country to the bone," even today.

DIYsportsguy

Post by DIYsportsguy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:07 am

Out of the blue, they sent us an ad offering 6 months for $30. We bought the vehicle and the trial ended about 5 weeks ago. This is the first that we ever received this ad. For $5 a month, so far it has been worth it. I haven't listened to terrestrial radio since I subscribed.

TheForce

Post by TheForce » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:06 am

I keep getting e-mails about the Hooker v. Sirius XM Radio Settlement. It basically stated those who have not had a prior paid subscription can get 3 months free. I am not sure if this is legit or not.

BFSEsq

SiriusXM and Cancellations

Post by BFSEsq » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:13 pm

DIYsportsguy wrote:Out of the blue, they sent us an ad offering 6 months for $30. We bought the vehicle and the trial ended about 5 weeks ago. This is the first that we ever received this ad. For $5 a month, so far it has been worth it. I haven't listened to terrestrial radio since I subscribed.
We did this too. After the free trial ended in our new car, we were offered the 6 months for $30 deal and took it. I'm starting to think it was a mistake based on what I'm reading here. Thanks to this thread, though, for giving me a heads up that I'm going to need to pay very close attention to when the 6 months is up so I can call and cancel.

Having said that, I agree that the $5/month promo rate is a great deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:23 am

FYI, if you bought a car with an SXM radio in dash, you can call them and get 2 months for free trial.
Then they will barrage you with offers, including the $5/month- just make sure to allow 30 minutes to cancel a day or two before it expires and keep telling that it is too much and not worth more than $5 a month; if you persist long enough, you'll get another $5/month for 5 month or 6 month offer.

TheForce

Post by TheForce » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:54 am

Yet another offer today...5 months for $25. Also with that you get free streaming if you subscribe online. Don't forget the $15 activation fee is waived.

DR99

Post by DR99 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:29 pm

I like SXM but the hassle of negotiating and calling gets to be exhausting with the service. The could grow so much more if they went to a 5 dollar a month plan all the time. You can have another tier for the howard fans but I could care less with that bs.

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:31 pm

Chevrolet now has a $20 internet package for unlimited LTE streaming:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/for-20-per ... they-want/

An in-dash internet radio, sure to come, will make XM, and for that matter terrestrial broadcast radio moot.
The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

TheForce

Post by TheForce » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:49 am

I sent SiriusXM a snail mail letter last week demanding that I be removed from their calling and mailing lists. Now I have to wait and see.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:03 pm

I just can't believe anyone would pay for the poor satellite audio.

The HD channels in the Detroit market almost sound better, which isn't saying much...with the ringing and aliasing sounds.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

48125er

Post by 48125er » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:04 pm

WOHO wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:34 am
They leave off their niche stations that boomers might like, such as Escape and Willie's Roadhouse, as well as Sinatra and 40's.
Too bad they just don't give you the whole shebang for 2 weeks.
I've noticed the niche stations you've mentioned don't play ads, Only "niche' type I've heard play ads is Radioclassics.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:56 am

TheForce, I think that CH59, "Willie's Roadhouse" is as close as you're going to get to classic country music.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:28 pm

Sirius XM will likely be around for many years to come. The difference in the future will be the content delivery method. At some point, unlimited data plans in WiFi equipped cars will become widespread and very affordable. Satellite radio receivers in the current sense will become a relic.

I can already listen to satellite radio programming - with very good audio quality - through Roku, two other SmartTVs in the house, and through my smartphone. I can listen to every single MLB, NFL and NBA contest using those apps. (Not sure about the NHL...I really don't care about hockey.)

The Samsung SmartTV app for Sirius XM used to be awful, but it was given an overhaul several months ago and now works much better.
C'mon iHeartRadio - do the RIGHT thing for once! Please cancel "Rover's Morning Glory" from WBFX in Grand Rapids.

TheForce

Post by TheForce » Tue May 02, 2017 8:05 am

I found this address facebook@siriusxm.com. I was looking up how I can get off all mailing lists, calls, and e-mails and this is the address I found that I could contact. So I did and got an e-mail back saying that I have been removed but did say it can take up to 30 days so we'll see.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Wed May 03, 2017 3:56 pm

Wonder why the Sony smart TV's don't have a SiriusXM app, and likewise, the Logitech internet radios don't support the changed streams, only the Grace Digital internet radios do.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:21 am

Satellite Audio is so bad EAS does not work...
http://www.insideradio.com/free/siriusx ... 7e5c3.html
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic