Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Beantown Stunner- Dave Dombrowski fired!!!

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Beantown Stunner- Dave Dombrowski fired!!!

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:19 am

They don't tolerate mediocrity in Beantown...

The Red Sox have played lousy (compared to expectation) since the All Star break, and a 10 - 5 thrashing last night by the Yankees was apparently the straw that broke the camel's back.

Boston is now 17.5 games out of first place in the AL East.

I guess winning a World Championship gives you no free pass for any length of time in Beantown!

Overreaction? Maybe. But I think the folks in Boston saw what happened in Detroit after the wheels started falling off and don't want the same to happen in Boston.

moldyoldie

Re: Beantown Stunner- Dave Dombrowski fired!!!

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:35 am

:eek :eek :eek

I wonder who'll be the next "almost there" team to hire him.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Lester The Nightfly

Re: Beantown Stunner- Dave Dombrowski fired!!!

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:35 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:35 am
:eek :eek :eek

I wonder who'll be the next "almost there" team to hire him.
You kind of hit it on the head there. Dombrowski has some skills putting finishing touches on a team that's "almost there". Problem is it's at the expense of decimating whatever work went into building a farm system for immediate results that won't last more than a season or so and will leave a team hurting for years afterward. He also has a blind eye to constructing a pitching staff that will hold up in the longer term.

As much as I don't care for the Red Sox, it was a fairly smart move to dump him as soon as possible before he had a chance to wreak havoc in the future.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic