I've gotten slow & sloppy in activating new accounts lately; sorry about that! All new acct registrations in the queue as of 9/23 at 7:15a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Regional Emmys

Topics of general interest that just don't fit anywhere else.
lovinlife101

Regional Emmys

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:00 am

It’s disgusting to see how broadcasters get a chubby every time they’ve been nominated for an Emmy. Do you know the truth behind the regional Emmy?

So here’s what you read on social media from a broadcaster, “Consider my amazement and surprise when I just heard I was nominated for an Emmy! It’s a complete shock! I had no idea!”

FAKE NEWS ALERT!

Truth: you have to sign up yourself, or the place you work for signs you up to be “considered.” It’s not a “shock” to anyone! You have to fill out paperwork and pay money. NO SURPRISE THERE!

Then, who judges the “competition”?

1. A random segment of the viewing population from the area?
2. A prestigious panel of certified, objective judges?

NOPE! Just other working stiffs from another station where the only thing that separates them from free pizza is filling out a form of who they think is the best. So, the first candidate wins! LET’S EAT!

Someone could pass gas in a microphone and win a regional Emmy. They’re less than worthless.

Then, if you get “nominated” you get all dressed up and pay for the rubber chicken dinner award ceremony where a panel of pizza eaters picked the first candidate for the prize.

So, let’s review, you or your organization must apply yourself. That means pay money per category (it’s a higher payment if you don’t already pay Emmy to be a “member”). That money doesn’t go to pay objective experts for consideration; it’s just disgruntled volunteers from another station hungry for free pizza. Then, you pay to attend an overpriced dinner to see who a panel of non-experts picked to “win.”

It’s quite the racket, but there’s plenty of backslapping among those who believe their our hype.

Lester The Nightfly

Re: Regional Emmys

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:58 pm

Devastatingly accurate. My admiration and a coupon for free rubber chicken pizza are coming your way. :blink

lovinlife101

Re: Regional Emmys

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:59 am

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:58 pm
Devastatingly accurate. My admiration and a coupon for free rubber chicken pizza are coming your way. :blink
Thanks.

I’m sure for those who can’t win other real awards there will be local knock-offs too.

Can’t win a Super Bowl? Start a local chapter!

Pulitzer? Nobel Peace Prize? Purple Heart?

The possibilities are endless!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic