Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I called it - Detroit's Q Line is a fucking debacle!!!

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
TC Talks

Re: I called it - Detroit's Q Line is a fucking debacle!!!

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 08, 2019 8:10 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:05 pm
Sorry, but I am on the side of freedom, not government control.
We are a democracy, your idea of freedom is laughable. Your "freedom" in the suburbs has zoning, and other rules. You get a public road, others want public transportation. Deal with it...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:18 pm

fuzzpower wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:03 am

If a 100% private train system wants to operate, that’s a different story. I would support (but still not use) that.
Quite a while back, that is exactly how that all ran. I know that in the 1950's you could travel from Walled Lake to Detroit, or anywhere in-between by rail, streetcar or bus; my mother had great tales from those adventures. Pontiac is filled with buried tracking - the cars went to Mexico. That stuff used t be EVERYWHERE in this area.

Pontiac - 100 years ago Image

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:25 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:10 pm
fuzzpower wrote:
Sorry, but I am on the side of freedom, not government control.
We are a democracy, your idea of freedom is laughable. Your "freedom" in the suburbs has zoning, and other rules. You get a public road, others want public transportation. Deal with it...
Nope... By DESIGN, this is not a democracy that we enjoy but instead a constitutionally limited republic. The rest of your post is both a fallacy of logic and an expression of ignorance regarding the funding of roadways and transportation projects.

You can do better.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 08, 2019 8:52 pm

Ok, enjoy zoning, a 50+% tax rate (all in), your elected officials bought and paid for, and thousands of federal, state and local laws.

We are in a society with a social contract with other citizens. Best of all, you don't always have it exactly your way.

Is that better?

Now, based on your comments...

You are white, over 50, from a uniracial upbringing and of moderate education. You probably never had to be in a position where your way of life was in decline like it will be. I wish you luck in the future.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 14992

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:21 am

fuzzpower wrote:
I don’t think stadiums should be taxpayer subsidized either.

Show me where public transportation is cheaper, because it isn’t. You are the type who wants to cram people into small spaces in cities instead of giving people freedom to own large homes and land if they choose. You probably want to ban cars and force people to use trains and other costly, non efficient, non timely, government controlled methods to get around. Follow the government’s schedule instead of allowing people to go where they want when they want. Sorry, but I am on the side of freedom, not government control.

Your link is dead, by the way.
It’s all about government control that’s part of the liberal agenda.

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Thu May 09, 2019 5:46 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:52 pm
Ok, enjoy zoning, a 50+% tax rate (all in), your elected officials bought and paid for, and thousands of federal, state and local laws.

We are in a society with a social contract with other citizens. Best of all, you don't always have it exactly your way.

Is that better?

You are white, over 50, from a uniracial upbringing and of moderate education. You probably never had to be in a position where your way of life was in decline like it will be. I wish you luck in the future.

Sounds like Detroit... just look at Duggan and city council.

I would actually be for private roads, if we aren’t double taxed.

I am younger than 50. I did struggle for a time but pulled myself out of it.

Funny how you did not deny what I said about how you want us to live.

Why should we have a social contract? What is wrong with charities and your neighbors helping those who need it? If we weren’t taxed so high, that could happen. Instead, government bureaucrats want to instead decide how you must spend your money, and create programs that are ineffective and far more costly than if we handle it ourselves.

How about if I go up to you, take $500 and spend it on whatever I want, no matter if you agree or not. Would you like that?

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Thu May 09, 2019 7:31 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:52 pm

Is that better?

I was born in a trailer park in an Arizona company town owned by the engineering firm Merritt-Chapman & Scott that was so small it was called "Government Camp". Easy guess at my upbringing being lily white; most of the country still is.

"You probably never had to be in a position where your way of life was in decline like it will be."

I'm not certain what you're getting at here but I have made it through two non-union plant closings. I'm one of those skilled trades guys who are always working.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:39 am

TC Talks wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 7:46 pm
I spend time with public transit in dozens of cities around the world and Qline is a novelty.

Public Transit is a regional network of mobility. The complete lack of collaboration between Detroit vs the counties will likely keep things staying just as they are.

It's one of those reasons Detroit will continue to struggle to attract high value new investment. Why there isn't rail from DTW to Detroit and Ann Arbor I just can't understand.
It seems someone shares my view of public transit...
Any time I visit a large city, or many a midsize city for that matter, I see yet again how much Detroiters suffer from the lack of good public transit.
https://www.freep.com/story/money/busin ... 430222001/

― Noam Chomsky

windsor

Post by windsor » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:50 am

The problem now is there is nothing purely Private enterprise on the large scale.Its all a public/private partnership.The corp crooks found away into tax payers money to fund projects with other people money.Its nothing new we fought wars over it and now we accept it .........Fascism.

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic