Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Witch Hunt is Over

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
screen glare

Re: The Witch Hunt is Over

Post by screen glare » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:35 pm

Only a person in severe denial would be so blnd as to call the Mueller investigation a witch hunt. Indictments, guilty pleas, conviction at trial, and a mentally ill president, goofy family members, one-after-another resigned members of his administration swamp, etc. all by now well known.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:58 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:45 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:02 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:55 am
.. it’s a political act not a legal one...
Exactly. Purely political to sooth the butt hurt.
Some might say a political witch hunt.
Same with Bill Clinton btw...
Umm, no. Bill Clinton was proven to have committed a crime. Even lost his law licence because of it.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:00 pm

screen glare wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:35 pm
Only a person in severe denial would be so blnd as to call the Mueller investigation a witch hunt. Indictments, guilty pleas, conviction at trial, and a mentally ill president, goofy family members, one-after-another resigned members of his administration swamp, etc. all by now well known.
Did anyone find ANY Russian Collusion? Was ANYONE indicted for election fixing with Russians? Was the FISA Warren based on political propaganda?

Witch Hunt.
Last edited by Bryce on Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:08 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:09 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:52 pm
Bryce wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:57 pm
Two years and millions of dollars searching for Russian Collusion.
Zip, nada, nichts, zilch.
When can we expect resignations from all those inn the media and government positions that have been telling out and out lies for the past two years?
You've seen the details of the report?
No, but what I did see was "Mueller does not recommend any new indictments."

Mueller did not indict Donald Trump Jr. or Jared Kushner as was claimed to be a slam dunk by many of the talking heads and some in congress. Mueller did not charge anyone in the Trump campaign, or circle, with conspiring with Russia to fix the 2016 election,
You do realize that the DOJ has a policy not to recommend indictments for a sitting President? That's the job of congress and I bet we are just getting started.

As for Russia, I believe that has already bared fruit whether you acknowledge it or not.

https://www.justice.gov/file/19351/download

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:15 pm

I'm no fan of the Donald.
But there's something that those still holding their breath thinking indictments are still forthcoming need to ponder.
If there was actually any meat in Mueller's report, it would of got out 2.7 Nano-seconds after the first Democratic got hold of this, Every detail would of "leaked" far and wide just in time to discuss on Faze The Nation tomorrow.

I suspect this turned out just what the way I thought. A nothing burger. Of course Mueller and his gang are getting a nice juicy burger. I wouldn't even hazard to guess how much him and his gang billed per hour for this.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:55 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:08 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:09 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:52 pm
Bryce wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:57 pm
Two years and millions of dollars searching for Russian Collusion.
Zip, nada, nichts, zilch.
When can we expect resignations from all those inn the media and government positions that have been telling out and out lies for the past two years?
You've seen the details of the report?
No, but what I did see was "Mueller does not recommend any new indictments."

Mueller did not indict Donald Trump Jr. or Jared Kushner as was claimed to be a slam dunk by many of the talking heads and some in congress. Mueller did not charge anyone in the Trump campaign, or circle, with conspiring with Russia to fix the 2016 election,
You do realize that the DOJ has a policy not to recommend indictments for a sitting President? That's the job of congress and I bet we are just getting started.

As for Russia, I believe that has already bared fruit whether you acknowledge it or not.

https://www.justice.gov/file/19351/download
NeitherJared nor Eric are sitting presidents. Indicted? Nope.

Congress cannot indict my friend

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:42 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:15 pm
I'm no fan of the Donald.
But there's something that those still holding their breath thinking indictments are still forthcoming need to ponder.
If there was actually any meat in Mueller's report, it would of got out 2.7 Nano-seconds after the first Democratic got hold of this, Every detail would of "leaked" far and wide just in time to discuss on Faze The Nation tomorrow.

I suspect this turned out just what the way I thought. A nothing burger. Of course Mueller and his gang are getting a nice juicy burger. I wouldn't even hazard to guess how much him and his gang billed per hour for this.
No need to guess, Shit-snacks.
Unless you're of the opinion that Money magazine is part of the vast fake news machine, here's a link describing how wrong you are:
http://money.com/money/5306210/mueller- ... ation-pay/

[EDIT: Just to put an exclamation point on this, with the cost of the investigation running approx.$20M and the fines against Manafort alone expected to total between $42M-$46M, Mueller could turn a "profit" for the taxpayer of around $20M.]
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/17/mueller ... ssets.html
Last edited by Lester The Nightfly on Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:41 pm

I have no skin in the game and none of this is any of my business. But I've been following the story in the media and it's strange the way they're treating it.

None of them have seen it but they have all formed their own conclusions. The left wing media, who have been praising Mueller for months, are now trashing him and his report.

The right, meanwhile, after vilifying Mueller for months, is now praising him and saying his report fully exonerates the President.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:46 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:58 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:45 pm
Bryce wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:02 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:55 am
.. it’s a political act not a legal one...
Exactly. Purely political to sooth the butt hurt.
Some might say a political witch hunt.
Same with Bill Clinton btw...
Umm, no. Bill Clinton was proven to have committed a crime. Even lost his law licence because of it.
But the impetus for looking in the first place was political... Newt and Co. would have given ANYTHING to take down Bubba...

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:33 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:42 pm
[EDIT: Just to put an exclamation point on this, with the cost of the investigation running approx.$20M and the fines against Manafort alone expected to total between $42M-$46M, Mueller could turn a "profit" for the taxpayer of around $20M.]
So is this the talking point of the left now? "We may not have gotten Trump this time, but at least we made the taxpayers some money!"

Bottom line is that the top goal of this investigation was to take down Trump, and measuring by that criteria, it looks like the investigation will end up having been a massive failure.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:44 pm

bmw wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:33 pm
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:42 pm
So is this the talking point of the left now? "We may not have gotten Trump this time, but at least we made the taxpayers some money!"

Bottom line is that the top goal of this investigation was to take down Trump, and measuring by that criteria, it looks like the investigation will end up having been a massive failure.
No, it was a reply to a monumentally ignorant statement that somehow Mueller was in this to line his pockets. Congratulations for showing us there's no exclusivity to monumentally ignorant comments around here.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:37 am

Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:44 pm
No, it was a reply to a monumentally ignorant statement that somehow Mueller was in this to line his pockets. Congratulations for showing us there's no exclusivity to monumentally ignorant comments around here.
Where did Mike say that Mueller's motive was money? I'll give you a hint - he didn't. Merely pointing out that someone may be making a lot of money on something (as incorrect as he may have been) says nothing about motive. Nice job putting words into his mouth.

As to your latter assertion that my comments are monumentally ignorant, I first point you to the original document, signed by Rod Rosenstein, authorizing the special counsel: https://assets.documentcloud.org/docume ... Russia.pdf

Per the "Order," the special counsel was authorized to investigate "any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump" as well as other matters directly related to those matters or matters which may arise from that investigation. In other words, the primary purpose of the investigation was to investigate possible collusion between Trump, Trump's campaign, and Russia. Anything else was secondary to that purpose.

So let's look at the charges: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_ ... 80%932019)

Of the 34 people charged, only 7 were US Nationals. Let's look at those specifically:

1 - George Papadopoulos - 1 count of lying to investigators

2 - Michael Cohen - 1 count of lying to investigators

3 - Michael Flyinn - 1 count of lying to investigators

4 - Richard Pinedo - 1 count of identity fraud

So these 4 people were charged with nothing more than process crimes. 4 big nothing-burgers as far as the Trump/Russia collusion is concerned. The remaining 3 are Gates, Manafort, and Stone. Let us look at those specifically:

5 - Rick Gates - 25 counts, 23 of which were related to taxes and bank fraud; of the other 2 counts, 1 was for lying to investigators, and other other was for conspiracy against the United States, a charge which "arise[s] from his consulting work for a pro-Russian government in Ukraine and [is] unrelated to the Trump campaign."

6 - Paul Manafort - 20 counts, 18 of which were related to taxes and bank fraud, and other 2 of which were for conspiracy against the United States and obstruction of justice. These latter 2 charges were part of the same indictment against Rick Gates, which just like with Rick Gates, were unrelated to the Trump campaign.

7 - Roger Stone - 5 counts of witness tampering, 1 count of obstruction, and 1 count of lying to investigators

Of these 52 total counts, 50 counts were for various process crimes and tax/bank fraud. The only 2 charges of conspiracy against the United States were against Gates and Manafort, and those were on issues "unrelated to the Trump campaign."

==========================

So there you have it. One giant nothing-burger. If you'd like to challenge my summary of what has come out of this investigation, or my assertion that it was a massive failure measured against its primary purpose of finding collusion between Trump, his campaign, and Russia, be my guest.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:47 pm

So none of those crimes concern you?

If this had been the Obama Administration you would have had to change your pants several times already. It amazes me how you can just brush aside serious crimes committed by Trump's organization.

Hell, there are still fools out there shouting "lock her up" when Trump's children have been caught doing worse things than using a second phone.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:19 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:47 pm
using a second phone.
That's Damn funny right there....

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:34 pm

Bryce wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:19 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:47 pm
using a second phone.
That's Damn funny right there....
The GOP with an axe to grind found nothing... give it up already...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic