I've gotten slow & sloppy in activating new accounts lately; sorry about that! All new acct registrations in the queue as of 9/23 at 7:15a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Radio and Hurricane Irma

Topics of general interest that just don't fit anywhere else.
Vic Doucette

Radio and Hurricane Irma

Post by Vic Doucette » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:49 pm

One of my dearest friends has been working for this company in Big Pine Key, Florida, for about 18 years. He's now the morning man on WWUS, the station highlighted in the article. He wasn't at the station during the storm; he'd been taken to a Miami hospital a few days before with two collapsed lungs. As is so typical of my pal, he was pissed off that he wasn't able to be working through the storm to help his colleagues and his community. He's now back home and at work, with only minimal loss/damage to his home and its contents.

There's an error in the story -- WWUS is hardly a "little" station ... it's a full C1 with 100,000 watts that covers most of the Florida Keys.

Of special interest to me are the owners comments and actions.

http://wlrn.org/post/after-hurricane-ir ... ocals-keys

Support The Miracle League of Michigan -- because EVERY child deserves the chance to play baseball!
Visit www.michiganmiracle.org

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic