All new acct registrations in the queue as of 8/11 at 9:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Actualities

Topics of general interest that just don't fit anywhere else.
++++

Actualities

Post by ++++ » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:47 pm

I swear, I don't know if the mike is picking up the backround noise, or what. Station after station might play a baseball player and honest to God, you cannot understand them. On the "newsradio" stations, you might hear a protest or someone shouting and screaming, then go back to the program host who sounds normal.

I like actualities, but I must say, what is coming out of the radio is not what is being heard in the station. This clearly, to me, has gotten bad in recent times. Different ways of recording, equipment, recording off the web? Something isn't right.

k8jd

Re: Actualities

Post by k8jd » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:56 pm

I remember the field reporters using cassette recorders that have way too much mic gain and hard limiting, where every little noise in the background comes out at MAX output The tape was recording at SATURATION levels and sounded like Pure Crap when played back.
I guess they did not want to miss any comments that were quiet or mumbled but It sure doesn't sound very good !

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic