All new acct registrations in the queue as of 8/11 at 9:00a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Is radio really this bad?

Topics of general interest that just don't fit anywhere else.
++++

Is radio really this bad?

Post by ++++ » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:56 pm

In the past few weeks I have heard the following:
"Expires 3/17/17" on April 3rd! "Expires 10/30/16" in mid March, (old commercials being played.)
A weather forecast 4 days old, a weather forecast 2 days old,
Tonight (April 4th) "the Final 4 is now set" in an old newscast played... the game was played Monday night! (I knew something didn't sound right.)
A traffic report from the previous week!

On weekends, dead air for hours! Doesn't anyone listen....ever?
Jocks not even saying calls/slogan between songs, or talking ad nauseam with a talk show guest and never identifying the station or show!

One station playing at least 6 songs in a row that nobody would know, and the jock "here's another one of my favorites" 3 times!
Don't they follow a clock?

Stations with an "-FM" suffix that have never given the correct legal ID ever! IE:" WXXXX-FM" vs the "WXXXX" as example.

There's more, but these are just a few.

I mean this stuff is just basic radio. Something is really wrong here!

jry

Re: Is radio really this bad?

Post by jry » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:33 pm

Today on WJR, during Beckmann, Frank announced that the Tigers game in Chicago was cancelled, due to the rain. Within 10 minutes, Steve Courtney is on, doing sports and saying that the Tigers will be taking the field in a couple of hours, looking for their second win of the season. Clearly, it was taped and you'd think that they'd get ahold of Steve to recut the bit.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic