Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The impeachment/indictment thread

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

The impeachment/indictment thread

Post by TC Talks » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:39 pm

Donald
For nearly two years, Mr. Trump has publicly flouted his oath of office. He has turned the presidency into a moneymaking enterprise for a family business he refuses to divest from, in direct violation of any plain reading of the Constitution. He is all but an unindicted co-conspirator in two federal felony cases. He has created an atmosphere of criminality through his hateful, violent rhetoric against political opponents, journalists and private citizens alike.

Most egregiously, he has a longstanding pattern of obstructing justice. On Wednesday, he continued this by firing Attorney General Jeff Sessions and installing Matthew Whitaker — who has publicly called for curtailing the special counsel’s investigation — as acting attorney general, sparking a constitutional crisis that threatens the rule of law itself.

As the list of Mr. Trump’s impeachable offenses — at least nine and counting — has grown, more than 6.2 million people across the country have signed a petition, created by my organization Need to Impeach, demanding that their representatives confront his lawlessness. For months, public support for impeaching the president has been roughly equal to what it was before Richard Nixon resigned.
Donald Jr
Two days ago, Gabriel Sherman reported that White House officials are concerned about Donald Jr. “I’m very worried about Don Jr.,” a former West Wing official told Sherman, who fears Mueller will be able to prove perjury. Deep in a report about Trump’s 2020 campaign plans, Politico drops the news this morning that Trump Jr. “has told friends in recent weeks that he believes he could be indicted.”

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 8570

Re: The impeachment/indictment thread

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:04 pm

My money is on Jr. as the more likely...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:22 pm

Currently there are 7 to 16 legal storms coming for Cheeto Blowhard...

Today....
A federal judge in Maryland ordered evidence-gathering to begin in a lawsuit accusing President Donald Trump of violating the Constitution by maintaining a financial interest in his company’s Washington hotel.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:49 pm

Add in his CNN lawsuit as well...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:54 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:49 pm
honestly that is drama not worthy of attention. I'm not a fan of CNN.

― Noam Chomsky

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:58 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:54 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:49 pm
honestly that is drama not worthy of attention. I'm not a fan of CNN.
And that’s fine but the lawsuit is bigger than CNN... it’s about whether he can restrict journalists access in general and has been backed by several other outlets including FOX News... so it’s a big deal... any lawsuit against him is a big deal...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:03 am

Looks like his new AG has briefed him about the shitstorm coming...
As Donald Trump’s West Wing careens through one of the most turbulent weeks of his presidency, White House officials are struggling to understand the source of the fury fueling the president’s eruptions. “This is a level of insanity I’ve never seen before,” one former West Wing staffer told me. Current and former officials are debating different theories for Trump’s outbursts, ranging from his fears over his son Don Jr.’s legal exposure to the prospect that House Democrats will unleash investigations in January. “He’s under a tremendous amount of mental stress,” one prominent Republican close to him told me.

What’s surprising to some advisers about how bad the past week has been is that Trump initially seemed to take the midterm losses in stride. Last Tuesday, he was in high spirits as he watched election returns come in with about a hundred friends at the White House. Trump told people that his barnstorming rally schedule had mobilized his base and held Republican losses to historical lows, while increasing Republican gains in the Senate. “He really thought he won the midterms,” a prominent Republican who spoke with Trump said.

― Noam Chomsky

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:56 am

Here's a neat and tidy summary of the shitstorm coming to Trump. By the way where did all our ultra-conservative posters go? I miss you already.
An investigation of Trump grinds on quietly and methodically, even if it results in a constitutional crisis for this country. We can only make educated guesses about what comes next from the probe headed by Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller III, but with the midterm elections nearly three weeks behind us and the president seemingly in a state of rudderless panic, the signs point to an imminent spate of plea deals and indictments.

Law professor and former Justice Department official Harry Litman warns that not even the president’s most diehard supporters will be unable to trivialize what comes next for Trump:

There are concrete indications that special counsel Robert S. Mueller III is now about the business of laying down the last big pieces of the puzzle of Russian intervention in the 2016 election.

Look first for an indictment against radio commentator Jerome Corsi, who told the world last week that after several months of his cooperating with the probe, Mueller has informed him that he will be charged with “some form of lying” to the Mueller team.

A fabulist, blowhard and general odd duck, Corsi might seem like small quarry for Mueller. But as with Paul Manafort’s lobbying partner Rick Gates, whose cooperation anchored the tax and fraud case against the former Trump campaign manager, Corsi is directly connected to another Trump insider, Roger Stone. Stone was in regular contact with candidate Trump during the campaign, and perhaps with WikiLeaks and its Russian sources....

Mueller’s team is scheduled to file a long-delayed court memorandum Dec. 4, laying out its view of the value of the cooperation of former national security advisor Michael Flynn, who pleaded guilty more than a year ago to lying about his contacts with a Russian official. His sentencing was put off four times as the prosecutors continued to develop new cases and charges based on the information he provided. That they are now prepared to close the books suggests that they will be informing the court, and thus the public, of the full extent of his cooperation, including imminent new charges or charges that have been filed under seal.

None of this constitutes a forecast that, as Team Trump is fond of suggesting, Mueller’s probe or its consequences are near an end. If any of the as-yet uncharged cooperating defendants opts to go to trial, that process will take at least many months. And we likely have not seen the end of Mueller’s efforts to secure information — or, preferably, testimony — from the president.

― Noam Chomsky

bmw

Post by bmw » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:42 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:56 am
Here's a neat and tidy summary of the shitstorm coming to Trump. By the way where did all our ultra-conservative posters go? I miss you already.
An investigation of Trump grinds on quietly and methodically, even if it results in a constitutional crisis for this country. We can only make educated guesses about what comes next from the probe headed by Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller III, but with the midterm elections nearly three weeks behind us and the president seemingly in a state of rudderless panic, the signs point to an imminent spate of plea deals and indictments.

Law professor and former Justice Department official Harry Litman warns that not even the president’s most diehard supporters will be unable to trivialize what comes next for Trump:

There are concrete indications that special counsel Robert S. Mueller III is now about the business of laying down the last big pieces of the puzzle of Russian intervention in the 2016 election.

Look first for an indictment against radio commentator Jerome Corsi, who told the world last week that after several months of his cooperating with the probe, Mueller has informed him that he will be charged with “some form of lying” to the Mueller team.

A fabulist, blowhard and general odd duck, Corsi might seem like small quarry for Mueller. But as with Paul Manafort’s lobbying partner Rick Gates, whose cooperation anchored the tax and fraud case against the former Trump campaign manager, Corsi is directly connected to another Trump insider, Roger Stone. Stone was in regular contact with candidate Trump during the campaign, and perhaps with WikiLeaks and its Russian sources....

Mueller’s team is scheduled to file a long-delayed court memorandum Dec. 4, laying out its view of the value of the cooperation of former national security advisor Michael Flynn, who pleaded guilty more than a year ago to lying about his contacts with a Russian official. His sentencing was put off four times as the prosecutors continued to develop new cases and charges based on the information he provided. That they are now prepared to close the books suggests that they will be informing the court, and thus the public, of the full extent of his cooperation, including imminent new charges or charges that have been filed under seal.

None of this constitutes a forecast that, as Team Trump is fond of suggesting, Mueller’s probe or its consequences are near an end. If any of the as-yet uncharged cooperating defendants opts to go to trial, that process will take at least many months. And we likely have not seen the end of Mueller’s efforts to secure information — or, preferably, testimony — from the president.

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:24 pm

Oh we’re calm, alright.
It’s that infamous calm before the storm that will rain down and blow away The Dystopian Dope, otherwise known throughout the world as Dumbass Dimwit Donny.

Do you think if he up and disappeared one day most people would care? I think they’d act like they were concerned or distressed, but secretly be relieved.

When the president of the united states and his white house are in hyper chaos every minute I think most Americans start to feel exhausted and worried. And they instead want order, decorum, and a sense that their leader is steady and trustworthy.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:28 pm

Manafort violated his plea bargain and lied to investigators... more time for him.

Meanwhile Corsi has refused a plea bargain and said “go ahead: send me to jail for the rest of my life” to which I would respond “very well”...

Alan Dershowitz (Trump fan emeritus) says that he expects Muellers report to be devastating for the President... I hear writing being etched on the wall...

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:48 am

Four words for the Trumpies: You're boy is fucked.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:21 pm

Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:48 am
And I thought Trumpies were the uneducated ones. At least we know the difference between "your" and "you're."

Also, you can mark my words. Mueller has nothing that will significantly affect the Trump presidency.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:23 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:21 pm
Lester The Nightfly wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:48 am
And I thought Trumpies were the uneducated ones. At least we know the difference between "your" and "you're."
Low bar to clear there...

screen glare

Post by screen glare » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:03 am

When you focus on typos and grammar here - that’s a H U G E clue that the dude doing the pinpointing is now a pinhead - out of tricks to defend old Take-A-Dump-Trump.

Hahahahahahahahaha

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic