I've gotten slow & sloppy in activating new accounts lately; sorry about that! All new acct registrations in the queue as of 9/23 at 7:15a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

The Death of PBS/NPR?

Topics of general interest that just don't fit anywhere else.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: The Death of PBS/NPR?

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:57 pm

Re: WCMU, $8 million a year seems like a sizable budget, even when taking into consideration the fact that budget is for TV & radio combined.

As a point of comparison, does anyone know the annual budget for WNMU-FM & TV in Marquette?

I suspect WCMU is not starving. They made a major capital investment in preparation for the DTV conversion, including constructing a brand new tower near Barryton, relocating WCMV to a new site, replacing an aged tower with a new tower near Atlanta, and buying powerful new transmitters.

It wouldn't surprise me if WCMU's budget rivals that of WGVU TV & Radio in Grand Rapids.

Radio's downfall has been under-investing in its core competency and becoming distracted by delusions of grandeur by thinking development of a half-assed national digital strategy will somehow put it on par with the Facebooks and Googles of the world.

Radio Sucks

Post by Radio Sucks » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:42 pm

Mr. Buzzboard wrote:does anyone know the annual budget for WNMU-FM & TV in Marquette?
TV about $2 million. Radio about $750K. Overall, it looks like the college pays over half of the expenses to keep the place on the air. But MW, you are a better reader of financial statements than I am. (WNMU separates TV and Radio..)

Ask and Ye Shall Receive. Link to WNMU Financial Statements

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:37 am

CMU shouldn't be hurting at all now that they axed TV28. Dipshits. If TV were still analog, it wouldn't be a problem to receive WDCQ or WKAR in Flint, but it ain't gonna happen under DTV coverage. I'm pissed!

PBS offers programming for those who have brains. The brainless hate PBS because, well, it's way over their head and nobody is forcing them what to think. The programming on PBS is a vast variety, from news to travel to cooking and even concerts. It's a great thing IMO.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic