All new acct registrations in the queue as of 6/16 at 8:10a ET have been activated. Want to share your favorite Buzzboard posts with your social media page readers? Now, there's an easy way to do it! Visit this page for instructions: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47643

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Anthony Bourdain

Topics of general interest that just don't fit anywhere else.
sfpcc

Anthony Bourdain

Post by sfpcc » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:09 am

Celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain has been found dead in a hotel in Strasbourg France. He was 61. Did anyone out there watch his show or watch food and cooking shows in general? (I don't though I look at www.chowhound.com a lot.)

craig11152

Re: Anthony Bourdain

Post by craig11152 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:41 am

Never watched his show but maybe now I have a chance with Asia Argento. :lol:

In The Bleachers

Anthony Bourdain

Post by In The Bleachers » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:56 am

Never watched it.

Nothing will change until ALL incumbents are voted out of office.

Vic Doucette

Post by Vic Doucette » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:03 pm

If I could make a list of the 10 person I would most like to meet, he would have topped it. Much like Robin Williams, he seemed to have the world by the tail. You never know what the other person is going through. Thanks, Tony, for all the smart and interesting TV and all the great writing.
Last edited by Vic Doucette on Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Support The Miracle League of Michigan -- because EVERY child deserves the chance to play baseball!
Visit www.michiganmiracle.org

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:27 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:03 pm
If I could make a list of the 10 person I would most like to meet, he would have topped it. Much like Robin Williams, he seemed to have the world by the tail. You never know what the other person is going through. Thanks, Tony, for all the smart and interesting TV and all the great writing.
Nice post, Vic. Bourdain was a world-class raconteur who always mixed his narratives with a healthy dose of wry wit and warm humanity. He nudged us along to discover there's a big old world out there that we should immerse ourselves into without fear or prejudice.

He was a few months older than I am and really inspired me to explore cuisine of all manner and the places it was born from. I just returned from a trip to Tokyo. The choice of Tokyo in large part was because Bourdain always said it was the most amazing place he'd ever visited and never felt he'd tire of it. He, of course was right.

Peace be with you Anthony, thanks for the inspiration.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:05 pm

Never ever watched the show. Saw him a few times doing spots promoting the show. Seemed like a pretty cool guy, but if he and Robin Williams can both score a mention in the same posting, I must have misjudged him.
Last edited by Turkeytop on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:13 pm

I have a somewhat unpopular view of suicide.....I don't much care.
I realize the devastation for family and friends but we are all going to die soon. I say soon because you couldn't even plot our 0-100 years on the earths 4 billion year time line. I would be rightfully devastated if one of my kids or grandkids died prematurely but I wouldn't honestly expect anyone of you reading this to care much.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic