Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 9-17-2017 at 1:30p ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

What's the weirdest... thing? person? group?... that ever walked into your control room?

Topics of general interest that just don't fit anywhere else.
BeerMan

Re: What's the weirdest... thing? person? group?... that ever walked into your control room?

Post by BeerMan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:08 pm

Tiny Tim and his ukulele. I kid you not. He had a gig somewhere local and just walked in the front door. I saw him at the front desk and yelled for them to bring him in the studio. We did a brief interview and he played Tiptoe Through The Tulips.

tc

Re: What's the weirdest... thing? person? group?... that ever walked into your control room?

Post by tc » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:06 pm

Back around 2000, a local strip club owner thought it would be a good idea to have a couple of the dancers come in to voice a spot. They were obviously wasted (it was early afternoon), but I had to make the most of it. After I set them up in the VO booth, one kept flashing her boobs at me through the glass, while the other pretended to "blow" her microphone. When they attempted to actually read the script they were horrible, so they finally left to go "practice their lines" somewhere and never came back.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic