Hello! Welcome to the Michigan Radio & TV Buzzboard. Please visit the newly created "Buzzboard v3.0 features" forum to view announcements as to recently installed new features, as well as to report any issues or share your opinions regarding recent site changes. All accepted new account registrations through 10-07-2017 at 9:30a ET have been activated. I apologize for the delay in activating new accounts.

(Note: hover your mouse pointer near the upper right corner of this box and click the "x" to close it.)

Switching to/from another station's signal for network shows

Topics of general interest that just don't fit anywhere else.
mtburb

Re: Switching to/from another station's signal for network shows

Post by mtburb » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:26 pm

Some Guy from Toledo wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:36 pm
Splouge wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:37 pm
That WNYP story sounds like something that would happen at a LPTV. Sounds like something WMNT-CD would do
I'm sure they're STILL at it!
You mean like switching to and from WMYD's signal whenever My Network programming airs?
For three days in January 2017 (15th, 16th, 19th) and one night in September 2017 (22nd), I managed to receive KDKA Pittsburgh from 202 miles away indoors!

My tropo station reception reports: https://www.rabbitears.info/dxlocation.php?id=403

Some Guy from Toledo

Post by Some Guy from Toledo » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:18 pm

mtburb wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:26 pm
Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:36 pm
Splouge wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:37 pm
That WNYP story sounds like something that would happen at a LPTV. Sounds like something WMNT-CD would do
I'm sure they're STILL at it!
You mean like switching to and from WMYD's signal whenever My Network programming airs?
Oh, I though you meant more like the sort of problems they often have where dead air just happens because they had no local ads lined up.

Splouge
Location: 9 miles from the laziest ever TV station, W33BY, or as they call themselves, WHPR TV

Post by Splouge » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:52 pm

One time, I got WYZZ Peoria 330 miles away indoors clearly for 10 minutes on Dec 5, 2015

Some Guy from Toledo

Post by Some Guy from Toledo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:07 am

Doesn't surprise me if WGTE has to get it's PBS Kids feed from elsewhere, though looking at that guy's YouTube page, I'm highly doubtful of that, though I don't have the nerve to go check right now.

mtburb

Post by mtburb » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:13 pm

While I was up north I happened to catch how WNEM broadcasts the Michigan Lottery drawings...by directly simulcasting WDIV's feed. This is apparent when the screen suddenly changes resolutions and how the last frame of a commercial intended for WDIV almost always appears before the drawing intro. However, WNEM quickly cuts to the Wheel of Fortune intro during the closing of the drawings. This is currently the last remaining program that WNEM continues to directly simulcast WDIV for.

Do any other Michigan Lottery broadcasters simulcast WDIV during the drawings?
For three days in January 2017 (15th, 16th, 19th) and one night in September 2017 (22nd), I managed to receive KDKA Pittsburgh from 202 miles away indoors!

My tropo station reception reports: https://www.rabbitears.info/dxlocation.php?id=403

Some Guy from Toledo

Post by Some Guy from Toledo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:27 pm

mtburb wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:13 pm
While I was up north I happened to catch how WNEM broadcasts the Michigan Lottery drawings...by directly simulcasting WDIV's feed. This is apparent when the screen suddenly changes resolutions and how the last frame of a commercial intended for WDIV almost always appears before the drawing intro. However, WNEM quickly cuts to the Wheel of Fortune intro during the closing of the drawings. This is currently the last remaining program that WNEM continues to directly simulcast WDIV for.

Surprised if that wasn't a standard elsewhere.

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:00 pm

Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:27 pm
mtburb wrote:
Surprised that they still had daily draws that were actually televised -- the Florida Lottery (whose draws were broadcast via satellite) ceased televised draws of daily games years ago -- they now only televise the big money games (such as Powerball, Mega Millions and Lotto).

Some Guy from Toledo

Post by Some Guy from Toledo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:19 pm

rugratsonline wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:00 pm
Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:27 pm
mtburb wrote:
Surprised that they still had daily draws that were actually televised -- the Florida Lottery (whose draws were broadcast via satellite) ceased televised draws of daily games years ago -- they now only televise the big money games (such as Powerball, Mega Millions and Lotto).
Interesting.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic