Search found 229 matches

by RingtailedFox
Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:33 pm
Forum: Metro Detroit/SE Michigan
Topic: Predictions for 2019
Replies: 40
Views: 14936

Re: Predictions for 2019

I predict 106.7 flips formats, but that's basically a "captain obvious" prediction.... to what, is the real mystery.... but since it's aired country, adult contemporary and rock in the past... i'll go out on a limb and say... rap music, just to be different :P
by RingtailedFox
Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:26 pm
Topic: 106.7 is now the #1 Underperforming station
Replies: 16
Views: 5761

Re: 106.7 is now the #1 Underperforming station

Iheart needs to at least sell this station, Air 1 would even sound better than what Iheart has done to this station since they took it over it was a successful Country station than they had to screw around with many( I can’t even count )formats and it’s never been the same.Its really 😞 sad. Let's c...
by RingtailedFox
Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:14 pm
Topic: Part 15 radio
Replies: 5
Views: 2914

Re: Part 15 radio

There's at least one radio station that does just that, in Marin County (just north of San Francisco):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Sausalito

I think it could work, too.
by RingtailedFox
Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:55 am
Topic: 98.7 The Breeze (Soft AC) is here!
Replies: 246
Views: 77074

Re: 98.7 The Breeze (Soft AC) is here!

Hello, new radio preset... :D
by RingtailedFox
Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:01 pm
Topic: CKLW Solid Gold Vol 1 and Vol 2
Replies: 2
Views: 1998

Re: CKLW Solid Gold Vol 1 and Vol 2

I have CKLW Solid Gold Volume 1... kinda amazing that our local news/talk radio station used to be such a powerhouse with artists like The Association, Tommy James & The Shondells, The Animals and The Foundations... and to think I picked this up at a yard sale 15 years ago for a dollar! WORTH IT! :D
by RingtailedFox
Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:01 pm
Topic: CBEF 540
Replies: 10
Views: 4145

Re: CBEF 540

I thought it (and CKWW 580) suffered from adjacent channel interference from WRDT 560's IBOC digital sidebands... besides, CBEF got the best deal possible: upgraded to a 50 kW clear-channel frequency :D
by RingtailedFox
Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:26 pm
Topic: CBEF 540
Replies: 10
Views: 4145

Re: CBEF 540

Well, the very rusty and aged towers were demolished, as was the transmitter building, and the ground seems to be just fallow, as seen in this Google Maps Satellite View (look at the northern side of Middle Side Road/County Road 10 where Clubview Drive meets it)... I'm sure eventually it will either...
by RingtailedFox
Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:19 pm
Forum: Neighboring States/Ontario
Topic: Rescan TV Channel Moves in Toledo
Replies: 14
Views: 7799

Re: Rescan TV Channel Moves in Toledo

I know.. i mean, will they be moving when WNWO does?
by RingtailedFox
Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:01 pm

My big question is... won't WUDT-LD have to shut down or move to VHF 8? it's way too shortspaced to WNWO and would just get destroyed by it...
by RingtailedFox
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:22 pm
Topic: WKNR 760
Replies: 5
Views: 2551

Re: WKNR 760

I would think so, because AM 800 had the one thing people wanted and loved: GREAT CONTENT. Great music to play, great announcers, a highly popular format, and a signal that was very good for a non-clear-channel frequency.
by RingtailedFox
Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:05 am

WNWO has both a construction permit, and a special temporary authority for UHF 23. the Construciton permit says 120 kW at 728 feet, while the special temporary authority has a much larger coverage area, thanks to being at its current height (1389 feet) and well over double the power (275 kW instead ...
by RingtailedFox
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:05 pm
Topic: Ratings
Replies: 11
Views: 5386

Re: Ratings

I don't think the 106.7 frequency is cursed here.... well... it's only cursed with incompetent owners. W4 Country was successful for a LONG time... but as one of the other members here said: it withered on the vine and once WYCD launched in 1993, the two country station owners basically fought a bat...
by RingtailedFox
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:43 pm
Forum: Questions for MW / Board Announcements
Topic: How about we start new?
Replies: 16
Views: 7832

Re: How about we start new?

MW, I'm thinking you should consider using Cloudflare to make it more difficult for hackers, and allows for redundancy against DDOS attacks. it's free for small sites like yours. As for MySQL databases growing too large.. i'm sure there's a script that could be written fairly quickly to dump the exi...
by RingtailedFox
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:30 pm
Topic: Furthest points Detroit stations were historically carried
Replies: 6
Views: 4587

Re: Furthest points Detroit stations were historically carried

I stand corrected. thanks for the accurate info, MW!
by RingtailedFox
Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:06 pm
Topic: Furthest points Detroit stations were historically carried
Replies: 6
Views: 4587

Re: Furthest points Detroit stations were historically carried

well, WDIV is carried in St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador and parts of the Caribbean (thanks to CANCOM/Shaw Broadcast Services)...there were even conflicting reports on whether or not it was carried in parts of Ireland across the atlantic... I know WKBD was carried throughout nearly ALL of mich...